This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better late than never [Bas moderator]

I am Sebastian Asselbergs, PT. My family has called me "Bas" since childhood and I resort to that when in company of good friends; thus my SS name. Have been a PT for 20-some years now, after a number of other "careers", and I have found new fire for PT in the last 12 years; mainly thanks to a new appreciation for things scientific, people like Mel Siff, David Butler, Mosely, and all the moderators here, and the neurophysiology and painsciences. I have done very lively verbal battle with Barrett in the past, which helped me A) get over myself, B) start looking at other aspects of human function, and C) tighten up my mind just enough that my brain wasn't constantly falling out.... (Thanks again, Barrett).
    SomaSimple is a very valuable resource. A true gem in the piles of stones of internet sites.:thumbs_up
    We don't see things as they are, we see things as WE are - Anais Nin

I suppose it's easier to believe something than it is to understand it.
    Cmdr. Chris Hadfield on rise of poor / pseudo science

Pain is a conscious correlate of the implicit perception of threat to body tissue - Lorimer Moseley

We don't need a body to feel a body. Ronald Melzack

I love your signature Bas. I laugh out loud every time I read it.
    Luke Rickards
    Osteopath

Comment

Hello Bas,

I have a problem with you! I think you're too young for being a real PT.
      That is what your profile picture, by evidence, tells us?
      Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. L VINCI
      We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances. I NEWTON

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not a bit simpler.
      If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
      bernard

Comment

bernard, I've met Bas, and I can assure you he's every bit as weathered as the rest of us.
        Glad you find the board a good place to spend time Bas.
        Oh yeah, a formal welcome to SS (as if you hadn't been here all along. )
        Diane
        www.dermoneuromodulation.com
        SensibleSolutionsPhysiotherapy
        HumanAntiGravitySuit blog
        Neurotonics PT Teamblog
        Canadian Physiotherapy Pain Science Division (Archived newsletters, paincasts)
        Canadian Physiotherapy Association Pain Science Division Facebook page
        @PainPhysiosCan
        WCPT PhysiotherapyPainNetwork on Facebook
        @WCPTPTPN
        Neuroscience and Pain Science for Manual PTs Facebook page

@dfjpt
        SomaSimple on Facebook
        @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

There must be a logical and scientific explanation!
          Bas, did you abuse of Botox last week? :angel:
          We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances. I NEWTON

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
          bernard

Comment

Hi Bas,

Thanks for the continuing input and the kind words.

Nice garden picture. Is that your hard work?
            "I did a small amount of web-based research, and what I found is disturbing"--Bob Morris

Comment

Bernard, I did not know it WAS loaded in my profile - I tried to download a "better" personal photograph, but SS told me it couldn't - hence the picture of our front garden. Which is a joint family effeort: my wife is the planner and person with 10 green fingers, I supplied the dumb and not-so-strong digging muscle, and my 11 year old "supervised" and calls it "my" garden.

The "young look" picture IS really me - taken when we left for Singapore the second time around - and yes, Bernard - This certainly looks like a botox ad......

Luke, I have to thank Diane who made me look back at Kurt's life and works when she posted about his passing - and so was lucky to run accross this quote - the sceptic's one-liner....
              We don't see things as they are, we see things as WE are - Anais Nin

I suppose it's easier to believe something than it is to understand it.
              Cmdr. Chris Hadfield on rise of poor / pseudo science

Pain is a conscious correlate of the implicit perception of threat to body tissue - Lorimer Moseley

We don't need a body to feel a body. Ronald Melzack

Comment

I tried to download a "better" personal photograph, but SS told me it couldn't
                Avatars are limited in size (200x200). :embarasse

bernard

Comment

So, just make your picture smaller Bas. (Fewer pixels.) Then load it up.
                  Diane
                  www.dermoneuromodulation.com
                  SensibleSolutionsPhysiotherapy
                  HumanAntiGravitySuit blog
                  Neurotonics PT Teamblog
                  Canadian Physiotherapy Pain Science Division (Archived newsletters, paincasts)
                  Canadian Physiotherapy Association Pain Science Division Facebook page
                  @PainPhysiosCan
                  WCPT PhysiotherapyPainNetwork on Facebook
                  @WCPTPTPN
                  Neuroscience and Pain Science for Manual PTs Facebook page

@dfjpt
                  SomaSimple on Facebook
                  @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

SomaSimple is pleased to inform our members that Bas is a fresh, new moderator at SomaSimple.

bernard

Comment

Working...
                    X