Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing myself...again:)

Hello all-
    I found Soma through a co-worker a couple years ago and have lurked on and off...giving it another go this time and intend to be more interactive. I am a PT in Colorado in the outpatient orthopedic setting for the past 6 years. I feel bit burned out from time to time as I try to find my place in this profession. Over the past year I have made quite a paradigm shift with my thinking from a primarily biomechanic-based thinking and just throwing in pain science in for chronic pain patients, to a more BPS model for every patient. Some topics that interest me (and I personally need to work on) are letting go of outcomes, figuring out where manual therapy fits into practice and how to explain it effects simply to patients, how much to pay attention to posture as it relates--or may not relate--to pain, and so much more! Any guidance of forums that may relate to these topics would be much appreciated. Thank you all for your efforts and contributions!

You're welcome.
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. L VINCI
    We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances. I NEWTON

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not a bit simpler.
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    bernard

Comment

Welcome ekelly - (do you have a first name we can use? If not, that's fine)
      Have you seen the thread here called "Crossing the Chasm"? You can find it with the Search function.
      Has tons of good stuff in it.
      We don't see things as they are, we see things as WE are - Anais Nin

I suppose it's easier to believe something than it is to understand it.
      Cmdr. Chris Hadfield on rise of poor / pseudo science

Pain is a conscious correlate of the implicit perception of threat to body tissue - Lorimer Moseley

We don't need a body to feel a body. Ronald Melzack

Comment

Working...
      X