Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing Paul

Hello and thanks for having me

I've been a member here about a year, but I've been so busy in this time to truly navigate this incredible resource. I'm familiar with many of the names through other social media platforms and have learnt a great deal from many.

Im a trained chiropractor, personal trainer and also have a masters in Physiology. I'm hopeful of starting a PhD next year in physical activity via digital platforms, feasibility etc

Im currently the health direct for the largest subscription based celebrity led digital platform in the U.K. (Www.resultswithlucy.com) and I've also created results4teens.com, fitness ladies.co.uk (over 40s ladies) and in the pipeline fitness gents (over 40 men).

My big driver over the last year though has been to create "The Pain Clinic". An attempt at putting everything together that I'm learning with pain science to create a self intervention pain management website for people with chronic lower back pain. I've had the helped of a Clinical Psychologist to help me attempt to offer psychological interventions like CBT, elements of Motivational interviewing and acceptance therapy, all intertwined with pain education, grades exposure to meaningful movements and the creation of a social forum where they can communicate, and share pain stories, experiences etc trying to apply a BPS model.

Ive a real passion for learning, critical thinking and movement, and playful movement and I look forward to learning from all here.

kind regards
    Paul

Hi Paul,
    You seem to have done a lot of work in the right direction; and with helpful tools along the way. The BPS model is helpful, but years ago I found it tricky to achieve a useful balance between the 3 aspects of patient care. It would be so helpful if patients were more predictable with their presentation of their history and progress - but it doesn't occur often, does it?
    Last edited by nari; 05-08-2017, 01:05 PM. Reason: Typos

Comment

Hi Paul,
      You're welcome.
      Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. L VINCI
      We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances. I NEWTON

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not a bit simpler.
      If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
      bernard

Comment

Working...
      X