Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donations: Note the lack of advertising on SomaSimple!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donations: Note the lack of advertising on SomaSimple!

Bernard created this site in 2004, and has run it since. It has been a labor of love for him. It is full of features that make being part of an online PT community an extraordinary experience. He has given it to us for free. He even has paid for papers and put them here free.

Some of us have become uncomfortable with this situation. We have asked him how we can send in voluntary donations, or help him with costs. Bernard is a very generous person, but for anyone else who is also generous and would like to help defray the costs of running this site, Bernard has set up a link to permit a strictly voluntary donation through paypal.

This is up to you. The amount suggested is very modest compared to the actual costs of maintaining a site as efficient and extensive as this one; I will be padding out the amount I donate per year by quite a bit, and would urge others (who can afford to help out) to consider doing the same. :angel:

Happy somasimpling everyone!
    Last edited by bernard; 06-08-2017, 07:15 PM. Reason: changed donation link
    Diane
    www.dermoneuromodulation.com
    SensibleSolutionsPhysiotherapy
    HumanAntiGravitySuit blog
    Neurotonics PT Teamblog
    Canadian Physiotherapy Pain Science Division (Archived newsletters, paincasts)
    Canadian Physiotherapy Association Pain Science Division Facebook page
    @PainPhysiosCan
    WCPT PhysiotherapyPainNetwork on Facebook
    @WCPTPTPN
    Neuroscience and Pain Science for Manual PTs Facebook page

@dfjpt
    SomaSimple on Facebook
    @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Thanks Diane,

And I think personnaly our first member who had donated, Thanks Phil :thumbs_up
    The SomaSimplers community will be now able to share more and more knowlegde.
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. L VINCI
    We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances. I NEWTON

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not a bit simpler.
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    bernard

Comment

I'm glad this site is taking the public radio approach. And like public radio, the viewer will benefit from the content that SS will be able to bring without the eyesore and potential conflict of interest ads.

Thanks,

Bernard, Diane and Phil
      "I did a small amount of web-based research, and what I found is disturbing"--Bob Morris

Comment

Thanks to BB and Diane. :thumbs_up
        We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances. I NEWTON

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
        bernard

Comment

Bernard has added a few new amounts to the paypal system so that one can donate varying amounts. Thanks again Bernard!
          :teeth: :thumbs_up
          Diane
          Neurotonics PT Teamblog
          @PainPhysiosCan
          @WCPTPTPN

@dfjpt
          SomaSimple on Facebook
          @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

Thank you, Bernard.

Cory
            Cory Blickenstaff, PT, OCS

Pain Science and Sensibility Podcast
            Leaps and Bounds Blog
            My youtube channel

Comment

Bernard ;

Just i like to ask question ;

Have you received any ask for putting adertisment on SS from any company ?

Emad
              :rose:

Comment

Emad,

I receive around 20/days for meds, some per week for employments and few for training.
                SomaSimple is not a commercial site.

bernard

Comment

Hi All,

I changed the language of the PayPal account for English.
                  Some members were lost with French. :lightbulb

bernard

Comment

Hello members,

when you subscription is about to expire you will receive an email like this one:

This is normal and may be confirmed with the link below.

Dear Member (replaced with your username),

Your access to the paid subscription is about to expire.

If you have selected a recurring subscription you will be automatically billed for the renewal, else to renew this subscription you must visit http://www.somasimple.com/forums/payments.php

If you do not extend your subscription, access will be removed.

All the best,
                    SomaSimple Discussion Lists

bernard

Comment

Also, it's an idle threat that your "subscription" to SomaSimple will be removed. It won't. Donating is voluntary. Highly welcomed by Bernard, but strictly voluntary.
                      Diane
                      Neurotonics PT Teamblog
                      @PainPhysiosCan
                      @WCPTPTPN

@dfjpt
                      SomaSimple on Facebook
                      @somasimple

Comment

If you do not extend your subscription, access will be removed.
                        Diane, there is an exception. :angel:

If you're a normal member, you'll be a SomaSimpler for the subscription duration and access will be removed if you are not yet a regular Somasimpler at the end of the period. (You turn back to your previous membership).

And there is another normal one: Somasimpler membership is removed for banned users.

BTW, donating is voluntary.

So read this.
                        Join the SomaSimplers' Group!

bernard

Comment

OK, I stand corrected.
                          Diane
                          Neurotonics PT Teamblog
                          @PainPhysiosCan
                          @WCPTPTPN

@dfjpt
                          SomaSimple on Facebook
                          @somasimple

Comment

I added a contributor field in your profile.

And a Donators page
                            Attached Files

bernard

Comment

Working...
                            X