X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi

Hello,

Not sure if I fit in here. Maybe not.

I like to push the boundaries of our understanding of pain and its treatment. For that reason I tend to get :zip: by those who prefer the slow change.

Anyway, I'm a Physio and my interests are philosophy, psychology, invisible things like personal energetic influence, outlier cases and rapid change, hypnosis and related topics.
    Last edited by EG-Physio; 13-06-2017, 01:02 PM.

Hello,

I think you "fit in" here. Have you a defense of what you speak?

Aside from what I write, I've grown silent.
    Barrett L. Dorko

Comment

Originally posted by Barrett Dorko View Post
      Hello,

I think you "fit in" here. Have you a defense of what you speak?

Aside from what I write, I've grown silent.
      Thanks.

Over the years I've been highly defensive. Then one day I read a passage by Milton Erickson:

"Too many people...try to argue with skepticism. I don't bother. That's part of my prestige - I just don't argue".

And so nowadays I'm slightly less bothered about defending my point of view, desperate as I am to attain such prestige! Not really.... the desire for prestige and recognition has at last started to wane. It's seductive, but chasing it will drain your energy and a good reservoir of energy is needed to be effective.

I rarely use hypnosis nowadays, despite its power. My approach to treatment is quite plain.
      Last edited by EG-Physio; 13-06-2017, 03:21 PM.

Comment

If I can ask, how do you define hypnosis? There does not seem to be a lot of literature supporting hypnosis as commonly defined, so I would be most interested to hear how you define it and have used it.

Comment

Originally posted by Agashem View Post
          If I can ask, how do you define hypnosis? There does not seem to be a lot of literature supporting hypnosis as commonly defined, so I would be most interested to hear how you define it and have used it.
          Hi,

I define it in terms of process because it's easier.

1- gain trust and rapport
          2- direct the client to focus inwardly
          3- narrow the focus to a single point through attention to detail

The above steps ensure a trance state. It doesn't need to be deep. Light trance is quite adequate. Takes only a minute.

4- use words to suggest the desired change or outcome.
          5- wake the client fully to break the trance.

I've used it to get rid of pain. But I don't use it any longer and I'd encourage others not to use it; the reason for this would take a lot of explaining. It does work though. Extremely powerful.

Comment

Welcome to SomaSimple, EG-physio.
            Do you have a first name?
            Diane
            www.dermoneuromodulation.com
            SensibleSolutionsPhysiotherapy
            HumanAntiGravitySuit blog
            Neurotonics PT Teamblog
            Canadian Physiotherapy Pain Science Division (Archived newsletters, paincasts)
            Canadian Physiotherapy Association Pain Science Division Facebook page
            @PainPhysiosCan
            WCPT PhysiotherapyPainNetwork on Facebook
            @WCPTPTPN
            Neuroscience and Pain Science for Manual PTs Facebook page

@dfjpt
            SomaSimple on Facebook
            @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Diane View Post
              Welcome to SomaSimple, EG-physio.
              Do you have a first name?
              Thanks Diane.

Just EG is fine - prefer anon. if that's ok.

Comment

Hello there Diane nice meeting you.

Comment

Hello everyone..

Comment

Hi Brian Pittman, please introduce yourself in a new thread in the welcome forum, K?
                    Diane
                    www.dermoneuromodulation.com
                    SensibleSolutionsPhysiotherapy
                    HumanAntiGravitySuit blog
                    Neurotonics PT Teamblog
                    Canadian Physiotherapy Pain Science Division (Archived newsletters, paincasts)
                    Canadian Physiotherapy Association Pain Science Division Facebook page
                    @PainPhysiosCan
                    WCPT PhysiotherapyPainNetwork on Facebook
                    @WCPTPTPN
                    Neuroscience and Pain Science for Manual PTs Facebook page

@dfjpt
                    SomaSimple on Facebook
                    @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

Working...
                    X