Hi all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all!

I'm an aspiring physiatrist on the East Coast US just getting into my last year of med school. I've been lurking these boards for three years now, finally in the thick of it enough to muster up the courage to join the discussion!

I will admit for a brief period of time I was an unabashed Kelly Starrett nut and probably still have a few lacrosse balls lying around the house. As I get further into my training and see more of the MSK and pain management side of the field, I'm sort of disillusioned - it's remarkable to see how even the most "evidence-based" of folks are willing to stick a needle into practically everyone who walks through their door. I know PM&R is a pretty vast field, but I think MSK and chronic pain are where my interests lie - I'm struggling to figure out how one finds their place and makes a living without ultrasounding and injecting every piece of tissue that aches, particularly when everyone has good intentions.

That said, I'm looking forward to being a part of this community and being able to learn (and unlearn)!

-Mike

Mike,

Welcome. It's nice to see the disillusioned community grow.
    Barrett L. Dorko

Comment

Welcome Mike.
      Jo Bowyer
      Chartered Physiotherapist Registered Osteopath.
      "Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing,there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi

Comment

Welcome, Mike! Love the line about lacrosse balls!

If you asked me more than ten years ago what a foam roller was, I'd say it was a household cleaning product being sold on the Home Shopping Network.

Comment

Working...
        X