Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Patrick and conrats Ken. I enjoy Ken's insightful posts and I enjoy the fresh perspective of applying neuroscience to not just to people in pain.

Eric
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Body is imbued with mind, and mind is embodied.

Comment

Congrats Ken! And thank you, I always learn so much from your posts.
      Carol Lynn Chevrier LMT
      " The truth is, people may see things differently. But they don't really want to. '' Don Draper.

Comment

A little over a year ago (2012-03-08), Jon Newman passed away.

Soma has been a really exciting place these last few weeks. Fantastic, thoughtful new members are posting some really good stuff. Some really enriching, intense threads have been generated.

For some strange reason, to me, Soma is a really musical place. It's a place where a whole bunch of people from different backgrounds come to stir things up, experiment, create, communicate. Jam, you know?

Oh sometimes, those jam sessions are pretty dissonant. But by the time things go to coda, you've really learned something about yourself.

Jon, you are sorrily missed. But I'll bet anything you'd be digging the way things have been sounding like lately...
        Last edited by caro; 18-03-2013, 03:18 PM.
        Carol Lynn Chevrier LMT
        " The truth is, people may see things differently. But they don't really want to. '' Don Draper.

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
          Outstanding contribution is a bit a of a norm around here. We are lucky for it and it makes this place what it is. Sometimes, there are contributions that go beyond outstanding though. They demonstrate a clarity of pursuit and a pursuit of clarity that is so striking that it brings us all forward by a giant step, if not several.
          About three months after joining SomaSimple, my career was at a cross-roads and I was getting a lot of push-back from my employer as I tried to integrate the materials I was learning here with my practice in the outpatient setting; I shared my concerns openly on the boards here. That evening, I came to the board to discover my first PM, from Jason Silvernail. In that message, he reached out to me and offered to talk to me over the phone to assist me in any way that he could, trying to help me as I "crossed the chasm".

He wasn't holding me in judgment, even if I felt I deserved to be. I was touched/inspired that there was someone out there who was willing to spend their valuable time trying to help a stranger half-way across the country cope with something Jason (himself) had learned many, many years earlier. Now - 2+ years later - I continue to be amazed by Jason's continued public efforts to propel our profession forward, one opportunity at a time.

Regardless of his audience, there is not a more cogent, precise and respectful educator/commentator in the field at this time. Through his participation in blogs, professional journals, courses and podcasts, Jason provides a defensible and empirically-based framework that defines what physical and manual therapy should be. The field of physical therapy is fortunate to call him one of their own; we are lucky that he is one of us.

With these thoughts in mind, I would like to nominate Jason Silvernail, PT, DSc, FAAOMPT for the honor of a 'Newman'. With unparalleled clarity, Jason's continued contributions to the physical therapy and fitness communities cannot be underestimated, nor should his manner be under-appreciated.

Our field is beginning to take the first of many giant steps forward...Jason is leading.

Respectfully,
          Keith
          Blog: Keith's Korner
          Twitter: @18mmPT

Comment

he reached out to me and offered to talk to me over the phone to assist me in any way that he could, trying to help me as I "crossed the chasm".
            I bet there are many here who could recall a similar story of Jason going out of his way to help them. I know I can.

Not only did Jason author that classic thread but he seems to have made it his mission to turn on the lights to the bridges across the chasm for as many people as he can.

Well stated, Keith and thank you, Jason.
            Cory Blickenstaff, PT, OCS

Pain Science and Sensibility Podcast
            Leaps and Bounds Blog
            My youtube channel

Comment

I've met Jason personally on two different occasions. From the first, it was as if we'd known each other for a long, long time.

I know a lot of therapists, and many could be on my list of references. But this is a very short list, and Jason is there.
              Barrett L. Dorko

Comment

It was Jason's Jointheads, disc heads, muscle heads....article on BIM that led me to SS. A pile of writing by him has influenced me.
                Byron Selorme -SomaSimpleton and Science Based Yoga Educator
                Shavasana Yoga Center

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool" Richard Feynman

Comment

Working...
                X