X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stars

Here is some Stars, Galaxies... Small pieces of Universe

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. L VINCI
    We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances. I NEWTON

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not a bit simpler.
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    bernard

We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances. I NEWTON

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    bernard

Comment

bernard

Comment

bernard

Comment

bernard

Comment

bernard

Comment

The best of Hubble Space Telescope

Official Hubble Web Site

bernard

Comment

Great stuff, Bernard.

Wouldn't it be good to sit on the back verandah and be able to look at all these?

Nari

Comment

Gorgeous Bernard.
                  Doesn't matter if it's through a telescope or a microscope, it all looks the same.... Doesn't it all look like protoplasm?
                  Up way too late,
                  Diane
                  Diane
                  www.dermoneuromodulation.com
                  SensibleSolutionsPhysiotherapy
                  HumanAntiGravitySuit blog
                  Neurotonics PT Teamblog
                  Canadian Physiotherapy Pain Science Division (Archived newsletters, paincasts)
                  Canadian Physiotherapy Association Pain Science Division Facebook page
                  @PainPhysiosCan
                  WCPT PhysiotherapyPainNetwork on Facebook
                  @WCPTPTPN
                  Neuroscience and Pain Science for Manual PTs Facebook page

@dfjpt
                  SomaSimple on Facebook
                  @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

........it's all stardust...

Nari

Comment

Nari,

I agree but it is unfortunately impossible. These formations are alas too far for our blind eyes. Many images are as so far than thousands light years. They are all invisible for us. The Hubble space telescope in an open eye to the Universe and it brings us, every day, tons of star gems.

On Earth, we cannot have a chance to see such wonderments. It is a pity. We are so little and so insulated in the deep cold space.

I had last year, a marvellous experience in the Alps (near 3000m), we were camping in mid June and we were awaken by light outside ( and a bit by cold, too). The sky was an enchantment with millions and millions diamonds. I never saw such marvel before and I had this thought; 'I have an incredible chance to belong to humanity and to be conscious of the beauty of Nature and Universe'.

Diane,
                      Sure, cell are showing same wonderments and we get the same difficulties to apprehend them, in the microscopic direction.

Cells and Stars all around us, showing their mysteries.

bernard

Comment

Bernard,
                        I agree but it is unfortunately impossible. These formations are alas too far for our blind eyes. Many images are as so far than thousands light years. They are all invisible for us. The Hubble space telescope in an open eye to the Universe and it brings us, every day, tons of star gems.

On Earth, we cannot have a chance to see such wonderments. It is a pity. We are so little and so insulated in the deep cold space.
                        Er, Bernard... reALITY check.... if you hadn't seen these pictures you wouldn't have posted them... :lol:

We are one with our telescpoes and microscopes. They are extensions of us, bringing images of was is formerly unseen, to be seen by masses. We are tool using apes. Who cares if we are little and insulated in the deep cold space. Don't go all angsty on me friend, we have a beautiful planet that keeps us warm and safe and with friends. For now anyway. Enjoy the ride. What a show!
                        :wink:
                        Diane
                        PS: Get a light box, they take away all poignancy from existance, I'm not joking.
                        Diane
                        www.dermoneuromodulation.com
                        SensibleSolutionsPhysiotherapy
                        HumanAntiGravitySuit blog
                        Neurotonics PT Teamblog
                        Canadian Physiotherapy Pain Science Division (Archived newsletters, paincasts)
                        Canadian Physiotherapy Association Pain Science Division Facebook page
                        @PainPhysiosCan
                        WCPT PhysiotherapyPainNetwork on Facebook
                        @WCPTPTPN
                        Neuroscience and Pain Science for Manual PTs Facebook page

@dfjpt
                        SomaSimple on Facebook
                        @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

Bernard..

It is what you think about, when you look at the night sky, that matters. now we can 'see' with the help of Chandra and Hubble, what is really there, and think differently.

Remember the Little Prince and his rose???? Only a pilot flying a dodgy plane in a Patagonian sky could have conceived that emotion!

Nari

Comment

Hi Somasimplers,

There is a free software called Celestia that help us to realize the startrip!
                            http://sourceforge.net/projects/celestia/

There is a version for mac users.
                            I will bring you some useful links to reach the stars!

bernard

Comment

I tried Celestia and it is great! 8) 8) 8)

bernard

Comment

Working...
                              X