This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book Thomas HANNA; Somatics

Somatics: Reawakening the Mind's Control of Movement, Flexibility, and Health

by Thomas HANNA

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...ce&s=books
    excellent
    77.78%
    good
    22.22%
    without interest
    0.00%
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. L VINCI
    We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances. I NEWTON

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not a bit simpler.
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    bernard

Here is a little book found about Somatics =>
    Free Yourself from Back Pain
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bernard; 12-02-2009, 01:47 PM.
    We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances. I NEWTON

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    bernard

Comment

I am somewhat surprised that I have been doing the procedures and protocols on SS prior to coming here, including Hanna. Diane's DNM has been a help in refining what I do and given me a better understanding of the underlying principles. I still need to take the shallow dive into Barrett's ideomotion and simple contact, I'm looking forward to it
      “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Originally posted by bernard View Post
        Somatics: Reawakening the Mind's Control of Movement, Flexibility, and Health

by Thomas HANNA

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...ce&s=books

Just came across this book (along with a spiral copy of Hanna exercises sitting next to it) in my local Half Price Books this past week. Then, decided to come here to find out some more information and the first thread led me to this link with the copy of the book. Looking forward to diving in to it.

Adding link to Hanna Somatics website, in case someone is looking for it.
        And, a link of their educational resources.
        Last edited by Curious One; 21-04-2014, 02:42 AM. Reason: - add links
        C.O. ( gender: ) - LMT, BS(Anatomy), DC
        Music Fog... pick a song to listen to... you can't go wrong.
        Need relaxation samples for your office? I have made a Deep Relaxation Massage Music Pandora Station and have others that may also be useful - about 8 massage music stations and about 49 other nifty options.

Comment

Here is a little book found about Somatics =>
          Free Yourself from Back Pain
          Note regarding the above pdf file: The original book is about 275 pages and this pdf provides 44 of those.

If you are looking for other information on this work, I also ran across another pdf this morning which appears to be complete at 196 pages, and is called => "Guidebook of Somatic Transformational Exercises - Improving the Mind-Body Connection to Improve Physical and Mental Prowess" http://www.somatics.com/pdf/guidebo.pdf
          Need relaxation samples for your office? I have made a Deep Relaxation Massage Music Pandora Station and have others that may also be useful - about 8 massage music stations and about 49 other nifty options.

Comment

Has anyone somewhat deeper experience with the Somatics exercises on patients? Does it work? And where exactly is the difference to Feldenkrais?
            Finally, there's an announcement for a Somatics-workshop here in Germany. I'm thinking about participating, but I'm not sure whether it's worth the effort.
            "What you believe is what you see. The label is the behavior. Concepts determine percepts." - Michael Shermer

"God was never on your side" - Motörhead

Comment

Originally posted by Curious One
              Note: the above pdf file is limited at about 44 of ~276 pages.

If you are interested in a full pdf file of Lawrence Gold work, this "GUIDEBOOK OF SOMATIC TRANSFORMATIONAL EXERCISES" may also be helpful (apprears to be a complete copy) => http://www.somatics.com/pdf/guidebo.pdf
              This file doesn't exist on the server. :sad:

bernard

Comment

This file doesn't exist on the server. :sad:
                I should have saved the pdf when I ran across it, but I did not. I had been planning to re-visit it when I had a little time via this link. So sorry it is no longer up.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas_c View Post
                  And where exactly is the difference to Feldenkrais?
                  Finally, there's an announcement for a Somatics-workshop here in Germany. I'm thinking about participating, but I'm not sure whether it's worth the effort.
                  For what it is worth, this article describes the differences between Alexander Technique(Means-Whereby), Feldenkrais Method (Kinetic Mirroring) and Hanna Somatics (Assisted Pandiculation): http://www.somatics.com/pdf/evolution.pdf

This link may also be useful: http://arizonaenergy.org/Aikido/clin..._education.htm

I have never used somatics in my office, but I have been gathering information, as of late. May I ask if it is a Hanna Somatics group that is offering the workshop in Germany, or someone else?

Comment

Originally posted by Curious One View Post
                    I have never used somatics in my office, but I have been gathering information, as of late. May I ask if it is a Hanna Somatics group that is offering the workshop in Germany, or someone else?
                    Thanks for the info and the links. You may find details about the workshop here:
                    http://www.essentialsomatics.com/ind...nsheim_germany

The teacher is Martha Peterson (http://www.essentialsomatics.com/index.php?/about/). I don't know about her book, but would like to take a look inside.
                    "What you believe is what you see. The label is the behavior. Concepts determine percepts." - Michael Shermer

"God was never on your side" - Motörhead

Comment

Working...
                    X