This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book Moshe FELDENKRAIS; Awareness Through Movement

Awareness Through Movement: Easy-to-Do Health Exercises to Improve Your Posture, Vision, Imagination, and Personal Awareness

By Moshe FELDENKRAIS

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...846130-4962347
    excellent
    36.36%
    good
    54.55%
    without interest
    9.09%
    Last edited by bernard; 25-11-2006, 08:16 AM.
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. L VINCI
    We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances. I NEWTON

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not a bit simpler.
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    bernard

Good book, but I don't like Feldenkrais' writing style.
    Just,
    Takao

Comment

agreed .....its a very difficult book to work from I am sure tapes or a teacher are needed ...Ruthy Allons book is far more readable and I am enjoying her approach to movement awareness

Comment

Here is a paper about the method

http://www.harcourt-international.co...BMT-felden.pdf
        We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances. I NEWTON

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
        bernard

Comment

Felderkrais exercises

Link courtesy of Ian Stevens:

http://www.flowingbody.com/pastlow.htm

Have fun everybody,

Diane
          Diane
          www.dermoneuromodulation.com
          SensibleSolutionsPhysiotherapy
          HumanAntiGravitySuit blog
          Neurotonics PT Teamblog
          Canadian Physiotherapy Pain Science Division (Archived newsletters, paincasts)
          Canadian Physiotherapy Association Pain Science Division Facebook page
          @PainPhysiosCan
          WCPT PhysiotherapyPainNetwork on Facebook
          @WCPTPTPN
          Neuroscience and Pain Science for Manual PTs Facebook page

@dfjpt
          SomaSimple on Facebook
          @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

Thanks Ian!

bernard

Comment

I planned to show the exercises with our model! 8)

bernard

Comment

One benefit these spammers bring is drawing my attention to threads I might never see.

This book is now on my wish list.
                Guess learning is a lifestyle, not a passtime.
                Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. ~ Isaac Asimov

Comment

Thanks to Anders.
                  Moshe Feldenkrais - Awareness Through Movement

bernard

Comment

Thank You, Diane and Ian Stevens for sharing the Moshe Feldenkrais lessons.
                    Benjamim Fontes North Portugal

Comment

A few more feldenkrais links...

http://utahfeldenkrais.org/blog/
                      http://openatm.org/recordings.html
                      http://www.feldenkrais.com/method/ar...away_sa_w2009/

Comment

Thank you for the great links. While I read Awareness Through Movement and thought it was a great book, I found it difficult visuallizing the movements described. The videos along with the text make it much clearer.:thumbs_up
                        Douglas Winn
                        Science Educator/LMT
                        "The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool."-Richard Feynman

Comment

Eight years after posting those links...much overdue thank you Diane.
                          Rod Henderson, PT, ScD, OCS
                          It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into. — Jonathan Swift

Comment

For anyone interested in taking the Feldenkrais Method Teacher Training, here are a few links that may be of use. I hope it is not out of line, since this is a "book" page. If so, perhaps you could move the information to a better section of the forums.

Currently the curriculum is being taught in Basel, Switzerland along with San Francisco, Chicago and Houston: http://www.feldnet.com/FELDENKRAISTr...5/Default.aspx

And, this Feldy site may be useful and is written by of a colleague of mine who is one of the instructors: http://houstonfeldenkrais.com/
                            C.O. ( gender: ) - LMT, BS(Anatomy), DC
                            Music Fog... pick a song to listen to... you can't go wrong.
                            Need relaxation samples for your office? I have made a Deep Relaxation Massage Music Pandora Station and have others that may also be useful - about 8 massage music stations and about 49 other nifty options.

Comment

Thank you for all of the amazingly helpful links. It is much easier to do the lessons while listening rather than reading.

Comment

Working...
                              X