X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God does not play dice!

Hi SomaSimplers,

Originally posted by Einstein
    At any rate, I am convinced that He [God] does not play dice.
    You're lost with the atomic pinballs! That's OK, It is not a problem. Nature plays football, too.

Hope you'll understand Its rules?
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. L VINCI
    We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances. I NEWTON

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not a bit simpler.
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    bernard

The Red team: (sodium)

This team is the most important in axon since there is 300/500 Na (sodium) ions channels per µm² (0.000,001 m).
    There is thus 17/22 pores on a µm. that's few and lot at the same time.

In nodes of Ranvier (myelinated axons), there is more since we find 3000/4500 sodium channels 55/67 per µm.
    We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances. I NEWTON

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    bernard

Comment

The Red player (Na ion) is 0.1 nm = 0.000,000,000,1 m
      The Na Channel is 20 nm of diameter.

The gap between each ion channel is thus 50 nm.

If we consider the ball, human scaled (30 cm) thus the ions channels will be arranged every 150 m.

bernard

Comment

Here is a football field (do we say field in English?)

It is quite the same size as our virtual ioninc one (120 m).

bernard

Comment

Since there is 20 ions channels per µm then we have a µm that is scaled to 3000 meters. And of course, a complete neuron will be 3,000,000,000 meters long (3 millions kilometers)

Conclusion: ions are very little things and need a strong phenomenon to be moved on such distance.

BTW, I found a more visual view to convince you about ionic motion.

bernard

Comment

Working...
          X