Pain Groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ref Pain Groups

I'm starting this thread to encourage people to post links to any Pain special interest group they know of or belong to. We've had a number of pain groups mentioned or linked to but it would be nice to have a central area to house them all. I'm creating a "pain group" and a "pain SIG" tag also.
    "I did a small amount of web-based research, and what I found is disturbing"--Bob Morris

I've belonged to both the APS and the IASP but I'm not particularly good at keeping up my memberships so they lapse. Both have great educational material and publications.

Ian Stevens gave me a heads up about the West of Scotland Pain Group.

And of course Diane, et. al. have brought the CPPSG but I'm not sure what the latest web address is. I've got an old one that doesn't work anymore.
    "I did a small amount of web-based research, and what I found is disturbing"--Bob Morris

Comment

Good call Jon.

The Pain Society of Oregon meets in Porltand and Eugene, OR. I've not been very impressed with the local meetings I've attended, but they've put together some strong conferences. Ramachandran presented at last years conference in Portland.

The APS also has regional sections.
      Cory Blickenstaff, PT, OCS

Pain Science and Sensibility Podcast
      Leaps and Bounds Blog
      My youtube channel

Comment

Here is a link to the CPA Pain Science Division. The Canadian Physiotherapy Pain Sciences Group ceased to exist once we became an official division.

Here is a link to the Facebook page, Neuroscience and Pain Science for Manual Physical Therapists. Helping to educate PTs since July 2009, it currently has 439 people signed up, following.
        Diane
        www.dermoneuromodulation.com
        SensibleSolutionsPhysiotherapy
        HumanAntiGravitySuit blog
        Neurotonics PT Teamblog
        Canadian Physiotherapy Pain Science Division (Archived newsletters, paincasts)
        Canadian Physiotherapy Association Pain Science Division Facebook page
        @PainPhysiosCan
        WCPT PhysiotherapyPainNetwork on Facebook
        @WCPTPTPN
        Neuroscience and Pain Science for Manual PTs Facebook page

@dfjpt
        SomaSimple on Facebook
        @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

I found this: Australaisian Faculty of Rehab Musculoskeletal Medicine and Pain Medicine SIG

There is also a "mind" SIG. I found the link from a post in Lorimer's new BodyInMind blog.

I love Twitter.
          Diane
          www.dermoneuromodulation.com
          SensibleSolutionsPhysiotherapy
          HumanAntiGravitySuit blog
          Neurotonics PT Teamblog
          Canadian Physiotherapy Pain Science Division (Archived newsletters, paincasts)
          Canadian Physiotherapy Association Pain Science Division Facebook page
          @PainPhysiosCan
          WCPT PhysiotherapyPainNetwork on Facebook
          @WCPTPTPN
          Neuroscience and Pain Science for Manual PTs Facebook page

@dfjpt
          SomaSimple on Facebook
          @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

Thanks Diane and Cory.

I want to make sure to clarify that this thread is for groups doing research, education and advocacy versus support groups. If anyone has a particular interest in pain support groups, perhaps another thread could be started for that.

Anyone else have a pain group they know about?

Wisconsin has a Pain and Policy Study Group. I don't know much about them yet.

edit: They'll mostly serve as a resource to know about for any PTs, etc, working with patients with cancer that are struggling with pain management. According to their website:

This group coordinates a program of international policy studies to identify and address barriers to opioid availability in national policy and national health care systems. PPSG provides technical assistance and monitors progress to improve the availability of opioid analgesics for pain management and palliative care.
            Last edited by Jon Newman; 10-10-2009, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X