One day I walk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Music] One day I walk

I had this album way back when, and had it memorized from start to finish. This song (One day I walk) was one of my favorites. It percolated its way up into conscious awareness today, for some reason, after being dormant for decades. Maybe poignancy arises because I have to leave home tomorrow and fly far away, which I still dislike having to do, but can return again on Monday.

[YT]Q0abqtW4mgg[/YT]

Another video, same song, more piercing.

[YT]oG1IHYi2HLE[/YT]

Oh I have been a beggar
    And shall be one again
    And few the ones with help to lend
    Within the world of men
    One day I walk in flowers
    one day I walk on stones
    Today I walk in hours
    One day I shall be home

I have sat on the street corner
    And watched the bootheels shine
    And cried out glad and cried out sad
    With every voice but mine
    One day I walk in flowers
    one day I walk on stones
    Today I walk in hours
    One day I shall be home
    One day I shall be home
    Diane
    www.dermoneuromodulation.com
    SensibleSolutionsPhysiotherapy
    HumanAntiGravitySuit blog
    Neurotonics PT Teamblog
    Canadian Physiotherapy Pain Science Division (Archived newsletters, paincasts)
    Canadian Physiotherapy Association Pain Science Division Facebook page
    @PainPhysiosCan
    WCPT PhysiotherapyPainNetwork on Facebook
    @WCPTPTPN
    Neuroscience and Pain Science for Manual PTs Facebook page

@dfjpt
    SomaSimple on Facebook
    @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Diane,

I'll try to make Sheffield as much like Canada as I can. Its suddenly turned cold and i'll buy a set of ice skates and we can play some hockey, sound good?
    Dave

Comment

I saw Bruce Cockburn around 20 years back in a very small concert setting. Quite an intense, but very genuine person.

Best of luck on your trip. I personally know of at least one person who is greatly looking forward to what you have to share.

Comment

Waiting to board the first plane.
        Dave, I don't play hockey.. but thanks for the thought.
        I'll have to buy some gloves somewhere. It's cold today here too.
        Diane
        Neurotonics PT Teamblog
        @PainPhysiosCan
        @WCPTPTPN

@dfjpt
        SomaSimple on Facebook
        @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

Diane,

You and everybody else there must blog from the course.

Tell them there's a Canada hat in it for them.

Canada, after all, is America's hat.
          Barrett L. Dorko

Comment

There will be precious little time for blogging, by me anyway. I'll leave it to others there.
            Diane
            Neurotonics PT Teamblog
            @PainPhysiosCan
            @WCPTPTPN

@dfjpt
            SomaSimple on Facebook
            @somasimple

Comment

Working...
            X