"Manual Therapists" new forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip "Manual Therapists" new forum

Erson Religioso has built a forum, Manual Therapists. (It's quite new, not a female to be seen so far..)

It looks to be mostly mesodermal/operator/ortho in orientation.
    Diane
    www.dermoneuromodulation.com
    SensibleSolutionsPhysiotherapy
    HumanAntiGravitySuit blog
    Neurotonics PT Teamblog
    Canadian Physiotherapy Pain Science Division (Archived newsletters, paincasts)
    Canadian Physiotherapy Association Pain Science Division Facebook page
    @PainPhysiosCan
    WCPT PhysiotherapyPainNetwork on Facebook
    @WCPTPTPN
    Neuroscience and Pain Science for Manual PTs Facebook page

@dfjpt
    SomaSimple on Facebook
    @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

The mountain of Meso in most manual therapy forums makes me switch to the cycling weekly forum within 2 minutes. We have two languages and we are unable to communicate with each other.
    Dave

Comment

I joined yesterday. Perhaps we can interject some ecto into the conversations. Joe got it started it off well with his introduction and comment about biomechanics and posture.
      Nick Nordtvedt, PT, DPT, Cert MDT

You will never succeed if you are not prepared to fail.

Comment

It's good to remind people that ecto isn't only about motor output. It is hugely relevant to skinput as well.
        Diane
        Neurotonics PT Teamblog
        @PainPhysiosCan
        @WCPTPTPN

@dfjpt
        SomaSimple on Facebook
        @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Diane View Post
          Erson Religioso has built a forum, Manual Therapists. (It's quite new, not a female to be seen so far..)

It looks to be mostly mesodermal/operator/ortho in orientation.
          Why?

As is the case of many others out there not this one in particular,

Do we need another? Is it going to be more evidence based than the slew that already exist?

Is it going to be one man's forum for what in his opinion is evidence based?

Maybe it will be some of those, maybe it won't but forums seem to be spreading like a rash are they improving the quality of information or degrading it?

Can ppl actually tell? Or are they being led by one or more ppl at the helm intent on spreading their version of the truth of therapeutic care?

Or is this egos, money and power?

Regards
          ANdy
          "Here is Edward Bear coming downstairs now, bump, bump, bump, on the back of his head behind Christopher Robin. It is, as far as he knows, the only way of coming downstairs, but sometimes he feels that there is another way, if only he could stop bumping for a moment and think of it." A.A. Milne

Comment

I guess anyone has the right to start a forum if they want. I think this new one has the potential to become a haven for operatorial extremophiles.
            Diane
            Neurotonics PT Teamblog
            @PainPhysiosCan
            @WCPTPTPN

@dfjpt
            SomaSimple on Facebook
            @somasimple

Comment

Diane, you are going to have a new moniker: wordsmith.
              "Skinput" "operatorial extremophiles" are but the last two you have made.
              Shakespeare is well-known for his invention of many new words in english - you will be known for your contributions in the rehablexicon.:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up
              We don't see things as they are, we see things as WE are - Anais Nin

I suppose it's easier to believe something than it is to understand it.
              Cmdr. Chris Hadfield on rise of poor / pseudo science

Pain is a conscious correlate of the implicit perception of threat to body tissue - Lorimer Moseley

We don't need a body to feel a body. Ronald Melzack

Comment

I just took a look at the "Introductions" thread over there. I saw a couple of comments about hoping that the conversations stay "civil" and "positive".

I'm not sure if PTs need another discussion forum, but we definitely don't need a bunch of alphas wacking each other on the back and giving each other "attaboys" for all their great outcomes

We'll see, I guess...
                John Ware, PT
                Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists
                "Nothing can bring a man peace but the triumph of principles." -R.W. Emerson
                “If names be not correct, language is not in accordance with the truth of things. If language be not in accordance with the truth of things, affairs cannot
                be carried on to success.” -The Analects of Confucius, Book 13, Verse 3

Comment

Originally posted by John W View Post
                  I just took a look at the "Introductions" thread over there. I saw a couple of comments about hoping that the conversations stay "civil" and "positive".

I'm not sure if PTs need another discussion forum, but we definitely don't need a bunch of alphas wacking each other on the back and giving each other "attaboys" for all their great outcomes

We'll see, I guess...
                  Maybe they feel the need to have a place to retreat, regroup. Maybe it's part of a natural process, an emergence, nature selecting out a certain subgroup of human primate social groomers.
                  Diane
                  Neurotonics PT Teamblog
                  @PainPhysiosCan
                  @WCPTPTPN

@dfjpt
                  SomaSimple on Facebook
                  @somasimple

Comment

Another site is physiobase.com which has been around for at least 15 years and hasn't changed a bit since it began. Not a bit of neuroscience in sight until you go to the neurology forum and even then....

Nari

Don't know why the link didn't work.

Comment

agree nari about the physiobase forum, was hopeful , however the general standard of understanding about MSK therapy there is very low.
                      The PhysioForum is not much better , a few cranks and wierdos , newbies and a strong representation from the subcontinent, most of whom seem lost in a therapy world circa 1950.
                      :lightbulb vox clamantis in deserto

Geoff Fisher
                      Physiotherapist

Comment

Originally posted by Diane View Post
                        Maybe they feel the need to have a place to retreat, regroup. Maybe it's part of a natural process, an emergence, nature selecting out a certain subgroup of human primate social groomers.
                        You have also described us here in the sentence above. After some days deep in anatomy and mount mesoderm I come home, log on to SS and breathe again.... as I know I'm not alone!
                        Dave

Comment

Me too!
                          Diane
                          Neurotonics PT Teamblog
                          @PainPhysiosCan
                          @WCPTPTPN

@dfjpt
                          SomaSimple on Facebook
                          @somasimple

Comment

Working...
                          X