Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A website with good drawings of neurodynamic movements???

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A website with good drawings of neurodynamic movements???

Does anyone know of a good website with accurate drawings of ULNT and SLR movements (and slump?)?

I don't really want to pinch David's drawings out of the SNS book - and although I have started doing my own, it is tedious, because each action needs about four separate drawings at least.

No stick figures - anatomical bodies.

I haven't had any luck searching through Google - and haven't the equipment to video the movements on someone obliging.

What I would like to do is set up a series of drawings for patient information and use at home.

Perhaps there is a magic site I haven't found yet?

Nari

Nari,

I haven't found that magic one.
    I started with ULNT, there and will produce the others ones with your help?
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. L VINCI
    We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances. I NEWTON

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not a bit simpler.
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    bernard

Comment

Hello Nari,
      One of the things that I have been occupying myself with is generating some handouts of these movements. I would be glad to post them (If maybe Bernard could tell me how?) and would love to hear any comments/critiques so that I can make them better.

Cory
      Cory Blickenstaff, PT, OCS

Pain Science and Sensibility Podcast
      Leaps and Bounds Blog
      My youtube channel

Comment

Hello Cory!

Long time no hear... I would LOVE you to post up those drawings; maybe I can make mine simpler; open for ideas.

Besides, others will probably like them too.

Are they standard ULNTTs or your variations on them for movement programs?

Bernaaarrd... can you assist?

Nari

Comment

Hi Nari,
          They are pictures actually....of yours truly.
          There is ULNTT1,3,4 (I actually named them on the sheets by nerve bias how it was shown to me) in gliders and tensioners. There is also Slump, long sit slump.

There is also femoral nerve glide, but that one is not very good. I need to re-do it.

I may also submit an assessment form that I have been using to see what you all think, and can give me ideas to improve on it.

Cory
          Cory Blickenstaff, PT, OCS

Pain Science and Sensibility Podcast
          Leaps and Bounds Blog
          My youtube channel

Comment

Thanks Cory

They will sit well with Bernard's photos on another thread.

Nari

Comment

Though I haven't received my copy yet to be sure, I suspect M. Shacklock's new text will have some good pictures in it.

Eric
              Eric Matheson, PT

Comment

eric

So has David's SNS text, but I don't feel OK about pinching them!

Nari

Comment

Cory,

just send the pictures by email. I will upload them to the site.
                  We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances. I NEWTON

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
                  bernard

Comment

Hi all;

Looking forward to see ing this work .

Emad

Comment

Just received in the mail my copy of Shacklock's book, and CD. Haven't had time to look thoroughly yet, but in the book the pictures are OH SO CLEAR!
                      Diane
                      Diane
                      www.dermoneuromodulation.com
                      SensibleSolutionsPhysiotherapy
                      HumanAntiGravitySuit blog
                      Neurotonics PT Teamblog
                      Canadian Physiotherapy Pain Science Division (Archived newsletters, paincasts)
                      Canadian Physiotherapy Association Pain Science Division Facebook page
                      @PainPhysiosCan
                      WCPT PhysiotherapyPainNetwork on Facebook
                      @WCPTPTPN
                      Neuroscience and Pain Science for Manual PTs Facebook page

@dfjpt
                      SomaSimple on Facebook
                      @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

Hi SomaSimplers,

Here is the first page that Cory sent to me. I'm working on the others 8)
                        I needed to re-format the images (too big sizes )
                        http://www.somasimple.com/private/neuromobs.htm
                        Last edited by bernard; 06-08-2005, 07:05 AM.

bernard

Comment

http://neurodynamicsolutions.com/index.html

bernard

Comment

Cory and bernard

These are just great! Well done!

One query, Cory.. for ulnar nerve, it is quite different from what I learnt some years ago. I understand the elbow has to be fully flexed and the hand beside the ear, upside down...eg 90/160/70 +/- LF(abd/elbow flex/wrist ext/CxLF)? ULNTT4

How many repetitions do you ask a patient to do? I picked a maximum of 5, as no-one knew for sure.

Nari

Comment

Nari,

I changed your last post since Ian isn't the poster but Cory.
                              I omitted the "repeat" box that Cory sent with the papers since on internet it is not easy to fill it! But we lost a bit of indication? ops:

bernard

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x
                              Working...
                              X