Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A website with good drawings of neurodynamic movements???

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Bernard

Comment

Wow Cory, nice job! (Is that you in the picture?)
      Thanks for putting those up here Bernard. It's a feat and a fete and a fait!
      Diane
      Diane
      www.dermoneuromodulation.com
      SensibleSolutionsPhysiotherapy
      HumanAntiGravitySuit blog
      Neurotonics PT Teamblog
      Canadian Physiotherapy Pain Science Division (Archived newsletters, paincasts)
      Canadian Physiotherapy Association Pain Science Division Facebook page
      @PainPhysiosCan
      WCPT PhysiotherapyPainNetwork on Facebook
      @WCPTPTPN
      Neuroscience and Pain Science for Manual PTs Facebook page

@dfjpt
      SomaSimple on Facebook
      @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

Hi all :

thanks , nice work ,so nice .

But let us answer one question .

The neurodynamic test is composed of more than 3 componetnts in most cases , the question :arrow: On what basis we choose the components we will use as sliders /treatment .

I thought Bernard , these pictures are better for only special members of somasimple , just an idea.

Reagrds .
        Emad

Comment

Originally posted by Emad
          I thought Bernard , these pictures are better for only special members of somasimple , just an idea.

The more they are known and viewed, more we will and knowledge shared! 8) Just my idea? :lol:
          Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. L VINCI
          We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances. I NEWTON

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not a bit simpler.
          If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
          bernard

Comment

If Cory is OK with them being publically displayed I agree Bernard. Otherwise I would support Emad's concern.
            Diane
            Diane
            www.dermoneuromodulation.com
            SensibleSolutionsPhysiotherapy
            HumanAntiGravitySuit blog
            Neurotonics PT Teamblog
            Canadian Physiotherapy Pain Science Division (Archived newsletters, paincasts)
            Canadian Physiotherapy Association Pain Science Division Facebook page
            @PainPhysiosCan
            WCPT PhysiotherapyPainNetwork on Facebook
            @WCPTPTPN
            Neuroscience and Pain Science for Manual PTs Facebook page

@dfjpt
            SomaSimple on Facebook
            @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

So, just wait Cory thoughts!
              We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances. I NEWTON

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
              bernard

Comment

Great pictures guys.
                The neurodynamic test is composed of more than 3 componetnts in most cases , the question On what basis we choose the components we will use as sliders /treatment .
                Thats a good question. Of course you should alter these movements to suit your patient. Example, for the median nerve instead of flex.ext of the wrist you might choose to play with pron/sup of the forearm. As long as the patient remains in control of their symptoms so as to avoid a nasty flare up.

eric
                Eric Matheson, PT

Comment

Eric;

I will be back to put comment regarding that question , also i will criticize those above neuordynamic exs . 8)

regards

Emad

Comment

Hello,
                    Nari,
                    If I'm visualizing your description of ulnar nerve test correctly, then I think it is the same as the picture only a farther stretch? As bernard said, on my original sheets there was a space for repetitions and times per day. I usually never start with more than 10 reps, and sometimes no more than 5 (based on your past recommendations mostly. Thanks!!!)

Bernard,
                    I would prefer to have them in a section for members only. However, if people think they are going to be useful, maybe we could generate a access password that we can give to our patients so that they can access them as well. I've actually thought about making a patient/therapist education, handout, and forms resource site. Maybe we could do that here?

Emad,
                    I think that these pictures have definate limitations. I chose these components because I think that it is an easy place to start. I usually can write in modifications in movement, order, and so on, on the sheet when I hand it out. I would love to hear your comments and criticisms though, as I'm sure they would help to improve them.

Diane,
                    Yes that is me.

Thanks everyone.
                    Cory
                    Cory Blickenstaff, PT, OCS

Pain Science and Sensibility Podcast
                    Leaps and Bounds Blog
                    My youtube channel

Comment

Cory

If you are focusing on the ulnar nerve 'glidability' at the elbow, how would your pictures portray this?

Eric

Quite right, you would focus on sup/pron if that identified tension more than wrist F/E...these movements are endlessly adaptable with their permutations and combinations. All we need to know is the more or less precise path of the nerve in question.
                      Preventing flare-ups can be tricky; but as long as they experience some of THEIR pain...they can be reassured it is OK and not harmful.

Nari

Comment

Hi Nari,

You could make the distal movement happen at the elbow, so that the head and elbow are moving in unison.
                        You could also make the elbow the proximal mover, so that the wrist and elbow move in together.
                        These would make the elbow have to slide by the nerve.

However,
                        You could also keep the elbow fixed and move from the shoulder and the wrist making the nerve have to glide by the elbow.

Would you agree?

Cory
                        Cory Blickenstaff, PT, OCS

Pain Science and Sensibility Podcast
                        Leaps and Bounds Blog
                        My youtube channel

Comment

Hi All,

I moved the files to the protected section!

Nerve Gliding Techniques : Femoral Nerve Bias
                          Nerve Gliding Techniques: Longsit Slump
                          Nerve Gliding Techniques: Median Nerve Bias
                          Nerve Tensioning Techniques : Median Nerve Bias
                          Nerve Gliding Techniques: Radial Nerve Bias
                          Nerve Tensioning Techniques : Radial Nerve Bias
                          Nerve Gliding Techniques: Seated Slump
                          Nerve Gliding Techniques: Ulnar Nerve Bias
                          Nerve Tensioning Techniques : Ulnar Nerve Bias

bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Cory
                            I've actually thought about making a patient/therapist education, handout, and forms resource site. Maybe we could do that here?
                            Just ask your needs!

But we have already a patient section forum. :idea:

bernard

Comment

Added this page for registered members =>

Nerve Mobilizations Techniques

bernard

Comment

Hi All:

Nice ,wonderful thread & discussion .

Eric ,
                                good reasonable answer from you for good question .you mean tweaking .

Bernard ,
                                sorry that i evoked the idea of privatising the drawings of neuro dynamics , but you can put an adverisment on the forum denotes that there are more benefits for certain members .

Cory ;

I think the main idea of neurodynamics is that the CNS is one entity/network /system , so that applying the mobilisation movement of the CNS is of benefit regardless of its postion, i mean if you move the head /cervical ,you already mobilise the peroneal never so so distance ,,and personally ,i believe applying the movement at distance is more better than within the area of sensitivity , so i find no reason to apply 2 motions at the same UL , however one motion is off-tension and the other is tension , i mean making the ex more slider than tensioner , so in my own view if we applied the off-tensioner part at the site of pain and the opposite one at other parts of the CNS , this will be more applicable , pariticularly in acute sensitive cases.

Also , the postion of applying the neurodynamic test will be more better if applied from designed relaxed postion , as i do not find it reasonable /even practically to apply ULTT ex from sitting positions , the paitent will need more load to practise the ex from sitting , look if it applied from supine /sidelying and the UL is supported with pillows , jst my own view .

so that ,i liked te idea of the femoral ex you supplied , it is relaxed , using distance components .

As well i like to evoke another point , if the patient performing ULTT 1 ex for median nerve , what actually happen to the ulnar and radial nerves at the same time , can not we consider it neurodynamic ex for them ? :?: :?:

Diane ;

The idea of Micro-neurodynamics fell from our hands

Regards

Emad

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                x
                                Working...
                                X