No announcement yet.

Organising your PDF files

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ho yes, sorry. But this one is. It is an older version but it runs under lion.
    sigpic Kay'1
    "Ce qu'il y a de meilleurs dans les religions, ce sont leurs hérétiques" Nietzsche

Comment

Thank you! I'm downloading it now.
      Diane
      www.dermoneuromodulation.com
      SensibleSolutionsPhysiotherapy
      HumanAntiGravitySuit blog
      Neurotonics PT Teamblog
      Canadian Physiotherapy Pain Science Division (Archived newsletters, paincasts)
      Canadian Physiotherapy Association Pain Science Division Facebook page
      @PainPhysiosCan
      WCPT PhysiotherapyPainNetwork on Facebook
      @WCPTPTPN
      Neuroscience and Pain Science for Manual PTs Facebook page

@dfjpt
      SomaSimple on Facebook
      @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Marc View Post
        I use Yep on my Imac, and Benubird PDF on my pc with success. They're both free and customizable.
        Am giving Benubird a try but seems you need to go trough more than a few manual steps before you're ready.
        Marcel

"Evolution is a tinkerer not an engineer" F.Jacob
        "Without imperfection neither you nor I would exist" Stephen Hawking

Comment

Any Linux-users around? So far I only found Referencer and it's actually made for GNOME. Is there any program specific for Xfce?
          Thanks

Edit: Just found out that Mendeley is also available for Linux.
          Last edited by thomas_c; 12-10-2011, 09:44 PM.
          "What you believe is what you see. The label is the behavior. Concepts determine percepts." - Michael Shermer

"God was never on your side" - Motörhead

Comment

Originally posted by marcel View Post
            Am giving Benubird a try but seems you need to go trough more than a few manual steps before you're ready.
            As usually with windows ... but when it is set, and the right keywords are used, it works.
            sigpic Kay'1
            "Ce qu'il y a de meilleurs dans les religions, ce sont leurs hérétiques" Nietzsche

Comment

I am switching to Evernote for all of my organization of PDF's

There is a monthly fee for Premium use,

I have tried, Papes (windows) preimum and Benubird, all of these methods I feel are suboptimal.

Evernote seems to have the greatest stability and flexibility and works well across multiple devices that are of separate ecosystems (i.e. windows to ipad integration).

There is good PDF integration and it allows you to type notes outside of the journal article which I like.

There are some drawbacks in terms of using it as a citation manager, and linking the PDF to a specific citation and allow that to import into other documents.

Eric
              --------------------------------------------------------------
              Body is imbued with mind, and mind is embodied.

Comment

I've been using Mendeley on my Mac and iPad. I have a 25G dropbox account with a specific mendeley folder that the desktop version "watches". Most of the PDFs I come by are on my iPad, I just "open with dropbox" and get to choose which sub folder the article opens into within my mendeley folder. When I turn on my desktop and open Mendeley, it syncs everything.
                Tim Irving DC, MS, LMT

Comment

Mendeley over here!
                  The final test of a theory is its capacity to solve the problems which originated it - George Dantzig

Comment

Mendeley. That with the ability to have it sync to a dropbox watched folder makes it easy for finding and organizing papers no matter where I am (work, home, etc.)

Comment

I upload my PDFs to Dropbox and then use foxitpdf to search multiple folders etc for keywords. (yes, it does search Dropbox folders). Works for me, though obviously this method doesn't insert citations.
                      Dan
                      Tactile Raconteur

Comment

If the intention is to review research PDFs and make notes/highlight text, I use LiquidText on an iPad. As mentioned before, I use Dropbox to store and LiquidText to review the material. I use Evernote for storing electronic versions of client notes and it's great but not haven't found it better than LiquidText for reviewing articles. So many tools...

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts" - Bertrand Russell
                        Last edited by Diane; 06-09-2016, 11:42 AM. Reason: Remove live link

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        x
                        Working...
                        X