• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIS Sliding interphase zones in a peripheral nerve

Nerve Injury and Repair
    Prof Göran Lundborg Churchill Livingstone, 1988
    Sliding interphase zones in a peripheral nerve
    Movie by Bernard Delalande (somasimple 2016)
    Music by Marconi Union

[YT]L6Ib2sk5mUc[/YT]
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. L VINCI
    We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances. I NEWTON

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not a bit simpler.
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    bernard

VERY cool visual. Thanks Bernard!
    We don't see things as they are, we see things as WE are - Anais Nin

I suppose it's easier to believe something than it is to understand it.
    Cmdr. Chris Hadfield on rise of poor / pseudo science

Pain is a conscious correlate of the implicit perception of threat to body tissue - Lorimer Moseley

We don't need a body to feel a body. Ronald Melzack

Comment

So great but I have a question. The upper artery appears to stretch and fill once at the end of the stretch. Is this an artifact of the animation or is it an indication that the blood doesn't flow optimally until the artery is in the fully taut position? Hope this doesn't sound too stupid, but I really am curious.

Comment

Actually, the longer a vessel is, the narrower it will be. That's just physics.
        That's why, in treatment, it's good to consider shortening (and therefore widening) neural containers, which include vessels.
        Diane
        www.dermoneuromodulation.com
        SensibleSolutionsPhysiotherapy
        HumanAntiGravitySuit blog
        Neurotonics PT Teamblog
        Canadian Physiotherapy Pain Science Division (Archived newsletters, paincasts)
        Canadian Physiotherapy Association Pain Science Division Facebook page
        @PainPhysiosCan
        WCPT PhysiotherapyPainNetwork on Facebook
        @WCPTPTPN
        Neuroscience and Pain Science for Manual PTs Facebook page

@dfjpt
        SomaSimple on Facebook
        @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Agashem View Post
          So great but I have a question. The upper artery appears to stretch and fill once at the end of the stretch. Is this an artifact of the animation or is it an indication that the blood doesn't flow optimally until the artery is in the fully taut position? Hope this doesn't sound too stupid, but I really am curious.
          Not stupid at all. Here is the original page of the book with the explanation.
          The artery flow optimally when tension is low (but not too low). It is not an artifact but at full tension the vessel is quite "stressed" (pulled) out the nerve. And of course, the blood flow is quite null at the end.
          Attached Files
          Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. L VINCI
          We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances. I NEWTON

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not a bit simpler.
          If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
          bernard

Comment

Working...
          X