This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIS DNM demo videos & link to article by Jason Erickson

JasonE is putting a lot of effort into documenting DNM, with videos he took last year in San Diego, and the article he wrote for the massage magazine.

I'm grateful for all his care and attention and technical savvy.

1. Top of shoulder.

[YT]LMRDO1c-VaA[/YT]

2. Posterior leg.

[YT]VxefDYqXF4A[/YT]
    Diane
    www.dermoneuromodulation.com
    SensibleSolutionsPhysiotherapy
    HumanAntiGravitySuit blog
    Neurotonics PT Teamblog
    Canadian Physiotherapy Pain Science Division (Archived newsletters, paincasts)
    Canadian Physiotherapy Association Pain Science Division Facebook page
    @PainPhysiosCan
    WCPT PhysiotherapyPainNetwork on Facebook
    @WCPTPTPN
    Neuroscience and Pain Science for Manual PTs Facebook page

@dfjpt
    SomaSimple on Facebook
    @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Please excuse my ignorance, I was unaware of dycem, I have a red palm print on my face.
    What thickness dycem is best?
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Rick, I've got to ask: What possible difference could the thickness of the material make?
      Barrett L. Dorko

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Carter View Post
        Please excuse my ignorance, I was unaware of dycem, I have a red palm print on my face.
        What thickness dycem is best?

The thinnest available.
        Diane
        Neurotonics PT Teamblog
        @PainPhysiosCan
        @WCPTPTPN

@dfjpt
        SomaSimple on Facebook
        @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Barrett Dorko View Post
          Rick, I've got to ask: What possible difference could the thickness of the material make?
          Since I haven't used it (or seen it) I don't know. But my assumption is that if it is too thick it won't be as pliable and may interfere with contact feedback. If it is too thin it may not last as long and be more subject to tearing. My thinking at this point is for it to be as thin as possible. I don't know what the options are. I may try using TheraBand until I can get some dycem.
          “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” Buckminster Fuller

Comment

It can't possibly tear. It's so tough you could suspend an automobile with the stuff, I'm pretty sure.
            Diane
            Neurotonics PT Teamblog
            @PainPhysiosCan
            @WCPTPTPN

@dfjpt
            SomaSimple on Facebook
            @somasimple

Comment

Awesome stuff.

Need more of it!
              Clinton Logue (Aussie Osteopath)

Comment

Videos from Toronto workshop.
                Diane
                Neurotonics PT Teamblog
                @PainPhysiosCan
                @WCPTPTPN

@dfjpt
                SomaSimple on Facebook
                @somasimple

Comment

Working...
                X