Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIS Pain is in the Brain

Dear SomaSimple members,

I have made the attached powerpoint and pdf available for download. This is a presentation for manual therapists with basic pain knowledge and a basic introduction to DNM and Simple Contact. I extend permission to anyone who wishes to use this ppt or parts thereof, but please if you use material from this powerpoint belonging to Barrett or Diane please contact them and make the appropriate attribution. There are pictures in this ppt that were found on the net and I was not able to attribute. If anyone finds error with any of the material please contact me and I will rectify the error immediately.

I highly recommend Rod Henderson's powerpoint Pain and Orthopedic Physical Therapy for a more in depth understanding of the pain concepts introduced here.

Karen L
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Karen L; 13-04-2011, 04:52 AM. Reason: spelling

:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:clap1::clap2::clap1::clap2:

Karen this is amazing. Soma in a nutshell. So, when do you begin touring to teach the course that this is a manual for??? (wink wink, hint hint)
    Tony Friese, PT
    Vestibular Rehabilitation Competency 2006
    Wausau, WI

Comment

Thank you very,very much Karen.
      Fine work. Wow.

Caro.
      Carol Lynn Chevrier LMT
      " The truth is, people may see things differently. But they don't really want to. '' Don Draper.

Comment

I am overwhelmed by the response to this posting. Thank you all who have downloaded. I see there is a hunger for this kind information of SomaSimple. I am sure it will only be a short time before there are some video resources and more in depth explanations to help you in your practices. Cory Blickenstaff has made some wonderful movement youtube videos recently.

Please support and help the SomaSimple community grow by posting, sharing, and creating your ideas to advance manual therapy.

Karen L

Comment

Thanks a lot Karen.
          I plan a French translation of these useful papers/articles.
          Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. L VINCI
          We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances. I NEWTON

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not a bit simpler.
          If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
          bernard

Comment

Maybe this thread should be linked into the 'Moderators' Consensus on Pain' thread.
            Excelent synthesis Karen. Hope your talk goes well.
            Diane
            www.dermoneuromodulation.com
            SensibleSolutionsPhysiotherapy
            HumanAntiGravitySuit blog
            Neurotonics PT Teamblog
            Canadian Physiotherapy Pain Science Division (Archived newsletters, paincasts)
            Canadian Physiotherapy Association Pain Science Division Facebook page
            @PainPhysiosCan
            WCPT PhysiotherapyPainNetwork on Facebook
            @WCPTPTPN
            Neuroscience and Pain Science for Manual PTs Facebook page

@dfjpt
            SomaSimple on Facebook
            @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

Working...
            X