This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, Bernard,

The inverse square law shows that a force, such as those generated by the cells, dissipates quickly? Therefore the generation of a "flow" after the energy has been transmitted becomes impossible?
    Cory Blickenstaff, PT, OCS

Pain Science and Sensibility Podcast
    Leaps and Bounds Blog
    My youtube channel

Comment

Yes, because if it wasn't the case, it will infer with the other possible source.
      The best example is ion channels.
      It lasts at 30/50 nanometers=> 30 10-9m
      Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. L VINCI
      We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances. I NEWTON

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not a bit simpler.
      If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
      bernard

Comment

The thread on EIM called Myofascial Release - Time to Stop the Madness? is progressing fairly well at nearly 50 posts.
        Diane
        www.dermoneuromodulation.com
        SensibleSolutionsPhysiotherapy
        HumanAntiGravitySuit blog
        Neurotonics PT Teamblog
        Canadian Physiotherapy Pain Science Division (Archived newsletters, paincasts)
        Canadian Physiotherapy Association Pain Science Division Facebook page
        @PainPhysiosCan
        WCPT PhysiotherapyPainNetwork on Facebook
        @WCPTPTPN
        Neuroscience and Pain Science for Manual PTs Facebook page

@dfjpt
        SomaSimple on Facebook
        @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

As I said it before, Energy medicine needs to contain the flow or guide or direct it.
          This may be achieved if the elemental cell had a shield that direct the energy output. Unfortunately, cells do not wear such helmets.

Here is a drawing of this undiscovered mysterious cell.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by bernard; 21-02-2008, 11:56 AM.
          We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances. I NEWTON

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
          bernard

Comment

And the problem of energy transmission thickens when you try a cells association to enhance the effects.
            Hope this drawing makes the things clear?
            Attached Files

bernard

Comment

It becomes evident that it doesn't function since every little energy sent will be repulsed by the shield in front of it.

It doesn't work, either with uncovered cells because the energy will be contradicted. Opposite vectors are nulled.

Do not forget that the potential (important) power of an action potential is around 4 10-9 watts. That is quite useless to move objects. Moreover the electric field is moving all along the axon and its strength is 20000 time fewer at 0.0000001 m. That means its effect is unable to move a neighbor cell/axon.

But the major problem remains unbroken.
              If a little energy is eventually transmitted by a cell, how a neighbor cell is able to transmit it with its own one. The more distance there is the more a cell must transmit energy => IMPOSSIBLE.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by bernard; 21-02-2008, 06:26 PM.

bernard

Comment

Here is a graph that shows how much an electric field decrease over distance. The distances are in meters.
                The graph is unfortunately false since the horizontal axis does not respect metric intervals.
                Attached Files

bernard

Comment

Here is a true one:

Energy is quite null at... 1µm.
                  Attached Files

bernard

Comment

There is another concept that merits some attention:
                    Because there is a ionic imbalance between the external side and the internal one of a cell, there is a potential difference.

This difference is measured and around -65 mV => A cell is an energy container and if energy is stored then it may be delivered!
                    This is the shortcut claimed by James Oschmann.

The measurement is already a problem because even if it is a normal physics experiment it carries a false quantum physics phenomenon/property: The value of a system is known only when measured and the observation alters the value/state of the observed phenomenon.

A battery value is ever unknown until you take a voltmeter.
                    Last edited by bernard; 27-02-2008, 04:18 PM.

bernard

Comment

I think this old thread, "Crazy Deep Models", belongs together with this newer thread.
                      Diane
                      www.dermoneuromodulation.com
                      SensibleSolutionsPhysiotherapy
                      HumanAntiGravitySuit blog
                      Neurotonics PT Teamblog
                      Canadian Physiotherapy Pain Science Division (Archived newsletters, paincasts)
                      Canadian Physiotherapy Association Pain Science Division Facebook page
                      @PainPhysiosCan
                      WCPT PhysiotherapyPainNetwork on Facebook
                      @WCPTPTPN
                      Neuroscience and Pain Science for Manual PTs Facebook page

@dfjpt
                      SomaSimple on Facebook
                      @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

Another scientific observation kills the potential energy stored in our cells.

Remember, the electric field of a cell is around 20,000Vm-1
                        That is a pretty strong field and it must have biological effects (as stated by energy medicine).

OK,
                        Then, take a 230 V power line. This is an average amplitude and its maximum reaches 380V. Each wire is separated by 1mm (this is an example) => 1 E-3m

Thus, the electric field is 380,000Vm-1. Quite 20 times our biological field.

So each cell may produce a field like a 12 V battery. But that's weird because I'm able to measure, at distance, the electric field of a battery and I can't with a cell. Why?

Simple: I can measure a real electric field but I can't with a computed one.

bernard

Comment

Cory,

I moved your post =>
                          http://www.somasimple.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5252

bernard

Comment

Thanks Bernard.
                            Cory Blickenstaff, PT, OCS

Pain Science and Sensibility Podcast
                            Leaps and Bounds Blog
                            My youtube channel

Comment

So, for the energy medicine camp, a cell is like a battery.
                              I can't contest this fact at the moment since they measured a voltage difference that is around -65 mV (-0.065V).

So a cell is a battery.

And then?
                              Nothing!

Perhaps I'm a bit direct and my nothing kills a bit quickly the energy camp.
                              I'll reply, again:
                              A battery is nothing without a network that may assemble them.

I'll assume that a network exists because I'm an open mind (often contested )

So...
                              A "battery network" may associate batteries in two different ways:
                              1. parallel
                              2. serial
                              3. an association of the previous ones.
                              Sorry but it won't work with cells and observations kill the existence of a possible network!
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by bernard; 13-03-2008, 07:54 AM. Reason: typo

bernard

Comment

A book which i think deals with "energy medicine" really well is Robert O. Beckers book "The Body Electric".

It's written by a professor of orthopaedic surgery who did some great pioneering research into biological electricity in various animals. There's nothing woo-woo about it at all- nothing about charkras, auras, etc. It's basically a recounting of his research projects but it's very readable.

I think that the problem with most "energy" based therapies is that they take a little bit of truth and stretch it to fit their own worldview.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                                Working...
                                X