Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jurisdiction? Practice? We don't where it is!

I doubt it's in Ohio.
    Barrett L. Dorko

Comment

• True enough, Barrett. However, I seem to think she's (he's?) in Australia. Which means far from me in Canada.

Comment

• Australia? Hard to tell.

There are many deadly things there.

Sorry Nari.
        Barrett L. Dorko

Comment

• Originally posted by Agashem View Post
          Much of what you have said regarding your treatments and interactions with clients sounds, to me, very NOT physiotherapy ...

Yeh it's not physio, although it does appear that way to the casual observer. Physios are allowed to use psychological techniques if they have sufficient understanding and skill in their use.

Let's hear about you. What do you do for chronic back pain? Twice weekly mobs for 6 months? Education? Does it work, or you find things just drag on forever with only mild change?
          Last edited by EG-Physio; 07-07-2017, 07:11 AM.

Comment

• This is not a pissing match between what I think and do and what you think and do. You have laid out a premise and backed it with not very much. Criticizing me and my practice will not make your practice any more scientific, evidence based or physiotherapeutic. As someone once said, mixing cow pie with apple pie does not make the cow pie taste any better.

Comment

• Recently, I came across two separate web recordings by people regarding energy healing - one of them a practitioner. They were very sobering. I have mentioned several times that I'd ceased using hypnosis a long time ago. Well now I've put a 'pause' on the use of energy healing too, for much the same reason.

One of these recordings mentioned the exact side effects I'd witnessed with patients, so I knew he was speaking from experience - this is rare. These are side effects you simply do not hear or read about anywhere, unless you go digging deeply. For such a long time I'd be emailing hypnotists and healers from around the world asking about these strange reactions and I'd get some bland, generic reply indicating they themselves were not able to powerfully affect their own patients. If they could do it, then surely they would have observed these things happening themselves?

You will hear many people talk about energy healing, and 99% of the time, such practitioners are powerless to affect any change. Then it's safe - safe in its ineffectiveness. If you want to see what 'ineffective' looks like, visit your local energy healer. But what if you can actually manipulate these energies? Then what? Then it gets very precarious because there's virtually no one around to mentor or guide you. One needs to know very early on you should never use these techniques to relieve symptoms. That's probably the most important warning right there.

When the TV doco-series 'The Healer' goes to air, hopefully later this year, I will be glued to the screen. I'll be very interested to see how it pans out for both the practitioner and the patients. CG may well be doing things in a way which is beyond anything I can imagine; in fact I'm sure of it, and I'm keen to learn anything I can. A big TV production company is not going to spend 2 months filming if the results aren't quite extraordinary. I'll be watching with a slightly different perspective however. Hopefully they include follow-up meetings with patients.

Current question:

Should healing ever be employed, even if it's sufficiently deep to avoid unintended consequences?
              Last edited by EG-Physio; Today, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              x
              Working...
              X