Staying up to date with the latest research

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staying up to date with the latest research

I searched a lot throughout this forum for an answer, but I could not find any.

How does one stay up to date with valid peer-reviewed research? Are there any websites that provide that? Some groups, forums, facebook?

Also I just have started to go into direction of evidence based practice. Is it possible to make it up for the "lost years"? There are thousands of papers needed to be read.

Thanks

Maybe narrow down your search to something specific. I'd start there.

"The views expressed here are my own and do not reflect the views of my employer."

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_Nada View Post
      Maybe narrow down your search to something specific. I'd start there.
      Thank you on that. But still, how can I know if its good.

E.g. I go to pubmed and enter "hip impingement pain" or more specific "pincer hip impingement pain". There would be hundreds of papers with that phrase. How to know from all that sea of papers which ones are good, which are bad, which one ones are worth reading, which ones are waste of time.

Is there any place on the internet that has peer-reviewed papers on various topic?

Comment

I'd suggest going to the PEDro site and type in your search question. At least the papers come up with a quality rating so you can decide which ones are more trustworthy.
        www.pedro.org.au

Comment

Originally posted by gilbert View Post
          I'd suggest going to the PEDro site and type in your search question. At least the papers come up with a quality rating so you can decide which ones are more trustworthy.
          www.pedro.org.au
          Oh, wow. This is amazing! That is exactly the thing I was looking for.

Thank you gilbert a lot.

Comment

Are you familiar with the the concept of a "PICO?"
            Are you familiar with the hierarchy of evidence?
            Are you familiar with how to critique a research article?

These are some basics to figuring out the high quality vs low quality of research papers.

"The views expressed here are my own and do not reflect the views of my employer."

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_Nada View Post
              Are you familiar with the the concept of a "PICO?"
              Are you familiar with the hierarchy of evidence?
              Are you familiar with how to critique a research article?

These are some basics to figuring out the high quality vs low quality of research papers.
              No, this is first time I hear about those concepts.

I wish to learn. I want to become better and I appreciate all the help. Could you point me to some blog posts or literature that that you consider good enough to learn abouI those concepts?
              Last edited by a.siskovic; 27-12-2018, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Start here:

https://www.cebm.net

Without a basic understanding of research, you'll have difficulty interpreting any article you find.

Comment

Working...
                X