Holiday Head Knocker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CT Holiday Head Knocker

Well, you haven't heard from me in a while, but I'm still around and recovering from the stroke I had in March, followed by endocarditis which damaged my heart and required aortic valve replacement surgery. I am back running/walking and lifting, with kettles and dumbbells, but my vision loss from the stroke is permanent, and I have twice failed my peripheral vision test, which is required for driver rec-certification. My driving days are over. As a result, I have retired from coaching. Forty-two years has been a good run.

I am still active in helping out at meets, and I continue to write training articles and to speak at clinic session. Reading is a challenge for me because I can only see so many words at a time without having to move my eyes to the right to get to the end of the line. It's an annoyance, but I am adjusting. The sad part is that it is a struggle for me to read stories to the grand kids, which I really enjoyed. And forget about watching film with English subtitles--I can't finish a line before the next one appears.

It wouldn't be the same without my annual SomaSimple Holiday Head Knocker, so here goes. As in the past, the first person to responds with the correct answer will get a Nalley Invitational t-shirt sent to them.

WHAT DID THE AGNOSTIC, INSOMNIAC, DYSLEXIC SAY? (This was told to me by a professor at Rose-Hulman who was working as a timer at one of their track meets several years ago)

Good luck, and Happy Christmas to all.

Many ask what my vision is like, so I've sent out this holiday card, which pretty much is how things look to me now.

Comment

It's good to see you back Ken, I was worried about you. Besides which, I have been up all night wondering if there is a dog.
      Jo Bowyer
      Chartered Physiotherapist Registered Osteopath.
      "Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing,there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi

Comment

And we have a WINNAH! Thanks for the cleverness of your response, and for brightening my holiday!

Comment

Working...
        X