Coach J on the road back

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach J on the road back

You haven't heard from me in a while. The good news is that I'm still here! On March 19th, the first of our outdoor track practices, I suffered a stroke in that wipes out the entire left hemisphere of my field of vision. That kind of stroke is called hemianopia. That stroke was the result of a blood infection that targeted my aortic valve. On April 11th I had heart surgery to replace that damaged valve. I am still on antibiotics via a PICC valve but that will be removed tomorrow, and then cardiac rehab for twelve week will begin.

I don;t know how much of my vision will return, but my neurologist says that I will continue to develop strategies that make it a little easier to read and type on a computer. This was almost impossible a month ago.

My goal is to come back to coach cross country in the fall. Vision will be issue, especially since I am unable to drive. But my neurologist believes that I will be able to get my license reinstates.

So, that's my story.

It's good to be back!

Heck, it's good to alive!

It's great to see you back Ken.
    Jo Bowyer
    Chartered Physiotherapist Registered Osteopath.
    "Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing,there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi

Comment

Good to see you getting back into the swing of things

Comment

Welcome back and happy to see you again Ken.
        Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. L VINCI
        We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances. I NEWTON

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not a bit simpler.
        If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
        bernard

Comment

Welcome back Ken, and all the best with your rehab and recovery. I share your hope that you can get back to coaching cross country!

Comment

Glad to hear you're okay and back to soma simple. All the best. I'm sure you'll teach the rehab staff a thing or two!
            "The views expressed here are my own and do not reflect the views of my employer."

Comment

Working...
            X