Science and Religion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Science and Religion

I found this link at Carl Zimmer's The Loom.
    "I did a small amount of web-based research, and what I found is disturbing"--Bob Morris

Bernard, Can those Videos be saved , i mean does the site allow this ,because i can not save them to my computer to have beeter voice .

Cheers
    Emad
    :rose:

Comment

Interesting...
      Chris Adams, PT, MPT

Comment

Analogies between reading of medical and religious texts

A friend of mine sent this one;

Analogies between reading of medical and religious texts
        Attached Files
        Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. L VINCI
        We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances. I NEWTON

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not a bit simpler.
        If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
        bernard

Comment

This is some fascinating stuff for those who think about such things (they take a little bit to load): Beyond Belief

I found the above link at The Science Network, an absolutely amazing website.

If you check out the website and think, "Yeah, I'm going to check all those out", pick something. If you're willing to let me direct your learning experience, I recommend "Stuart Hameroff, V.S. Ramachandran". You can file it under "great stuff". And the learning extends beyond the material presented, it has to do with fierce conversation among scientists. Did I say great stuff already?
          Last edited by Jon Newman; 22-11-2006, 03:28 AM.
          "I did a small amount of web-based research, and what I found is disturbing"--Bob Morris

Comment

Originally posted by Emad
            Can those Videos be saved , i mean does the site allow this ,because i can not save them to my computer to have beeter voice .
            I do not know how to save "streamed" videos. :embarasse
            Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. L VINCI
            We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances. I NEWTON

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not a bit simpler.
            If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
            bernard

Comment

TIME (November 13, 2006) had a "spirited debate" between Dawkins and Collins about God vs. Science - interesting and fierce. And the latest issue of Discover looks at the science exploring religion....
              We don't see things as they are, we see things as WE are - Anais Nin

I suppose it's easier to believe something than it is to understand it.
              Cmdr. Chris Hadfield on rise of poor / pseudo science

Pain is a conscious correlate of the implicit perception of threat to body tissue - Lorimer Moseley

We don't need a body to feel a body. Ronald Melzack

Comment

Working...
              X