Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CT Kinesiotape Sued in Class Action Suit

Read more...

“KT Health does not disclose to consumers that if there are any health benefits to be obtained from KT Tape, they are limited to the placebo effect.”
    “This case pertains to the false representations by KT Health which have been made in a concerted and orchestrated effort to prey on consumers’ eternal hope that products exist that can quickly and effortlessly alleviate their pain.”
    “KT Health has used deceptive claims regarding the purported benefits of KT tape to charge a premium approximately ten times the price of traditional athletic tape, and has achieved massive sales of KT Tape as a result.
    Joseph Brence, DPT, FAAOMPT, COMT, DAC
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein
    Blog: www.forwardthinkingpt.com

This should be interesting..
    Diane
    www.dermoneuromodulation.com
    SensibleSolutionsPhysiotherapy
    HumanAntiGravitySuit blog
    Neurotonics PT Teamblog
    Canadian Physiotherapy Pain Science Division (Archived newsletters, paincasts)
    Canadian Physiotherapy Association Pain Science Division Facebook page
    @PainPhysiosCan
    WCPT PhysiotherapyPainNetwork on Facebook
    @WCPTPTPN
    Neuroscience and Pain Science for Manual PTs Facebook page

@dfjpt
    SomaSimple on Facebook
    @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

Interesting indeed.
      But how is K-tape different in their claims than say: NSAID gels, NSAIDS ads, heat-patches and a plethora of other products all claiming to provide "immediate relief" of back pain?
      Note: I am not defending K-tape with a tu quoquo, but I can see the claimants having to climb a HUGE hill because of those precedents.
      We don't see things as they are, we see things as WE are - Anais Nin

I suppose it's easier to believe something than it is to understand it.
      Cmdr. Chris Hadfield on rise of poor / pseudo science

Pain is a conscious correlate of the implicit perception of threat to body tissue - Lorimer Moseley

We don't need a body to feel a body. Ronald Melzack

Comment

Lets give the KT tape people some credit. At least they can say they tied cervical manipulation.
        I may not be as smart as most people, but I'm sure as hell not as dumb....
        "The views expressed here are my own and do not reflect the views of my employer."

Comment

Interesting indeed.
          But how is K-tape different in their claims than say: NSAID gels, NSAIDS ads, heat-patches and a plethora of other products all claiming to provide "immediate relief" of back pain?
          I often wonder how a pharmaceutical company can say that their medication treats 'athritis pain' since it acts 'at the source of the pain'. We all know thats BS.
          Rob Willcott Physiotherapist

Comment

Has someone made holographic tape yet?
            holograms=magic
            Ryan MB Hoffman, PhD
            Guild Certified Feldenkrais Practitioner

Comment

Working...
            X