X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Walt
    Hello All,

Well, it seems that I was blocked from this site! I had to log off and re-register under a different name. Barrett, have you been up to your old tricks again? (For those of you not familiar with what I am referring to, Barrett got in a bit of hot water when he apparently deleted a few posts of someone who was challenging his beliefs on RehabEdge). So, for those of you in charge, wouldn't Bernard's posting of an obscene word, not once but twice, qualify for such a treatment? I would refer Bernard to the Forum Rules, below: Oh, I forgot, he is the admin! Above the rules, Bernard?

Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of SomaSimple Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of SomaSimple Forums, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of SomaSimple Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
    Seems a bit hypocritical.
    Walt,

There is nothing with Barrett about the problems you experienced.
    I had exactly the same. Diane and Jon Newman asked if there was a server problem. It was the case.
    I have the email about the failure that happenned, if you're interested.
    I saw this morning a walt fritz logged! Wasn't you?

Before making such accusation, it was simple and possible to ask about the difficulty?

I suppose the word you estimate obscene and vulgar is bullshit?

Seriously?

Bullshit

Perhaps it was the association with Barnes that became vulgar?

I think the thread is going nowhere and perhaps its real place is in The Rubish Cube?

I agree with you, Pablo. I lock the thread.

Is someone wants to continue the discussion about MFR, just create a new thread.

This one has evidently shown the continual absence of response that readers may normally get about their askings.
    Last edited by bernard; 20-01-2006, 03:17 PM. Reason: spelling
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. L VINCI
    We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances. I NEWTON

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not a bit simpler.
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    bernard

Comment

• I support your request to close the thread Pablo, and your decision to close it Bernard. The topic had a good run but now it's just going in dull circles. Time to put it out of its misery.
      Diane
      www.dermoneuromodulation.com
      SensibleSolutionsPhysiotherapy
      HumanAntiGravitySuit blog
      Neurotonics PT Teamblog
      Canadian Physiotherapy Pain Science Division (Archived newsletters, paincasts)
      Canadian Physiotherapy Association Pain Science Division Facebook page
      @PainPhysiosCan
      WCPT PhysiotherapyPainNetwork on Facebook
      @WCPTPTPN
      Neuroscience and Pain Science for Manual PTs Facebook page

@dfjpt
      SomaSimple on Facebook
      @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

• Hi All,

Here is the pdf version of the thread =>
        Attached Files
        We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances. I NEWTON

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
        bernard

Comment

• Fascial plasticity – a new neurobiological explanation: Part 1

Fascial plasticity – a new neurobiological explanation: Part 1

Robert Schleip,

Robert Schleip MA Rolfing Faculty, European Rolfing Association e.V., Kapuzinerstr. 2S, D-80337, Munich, Germany

Received 1 April 2002; revised 1 May 2002; accepted 1 June 2002. ; Available online 1 February 2003.

Abstract

In myofascial manipulation an immediate tissue release is often felt under the working hand. This amazing feature has traditionally been attributed to mechanical properties of the connective tissue. Yet studies have shown that either much stronger forces or longer durations would be required for a permanent viscoelastic deformation of fascia. Fascia nevertheless is densely innervated by mechanoreceptors which are responsive to manual pressure. Stimulation of these sensory receptors has been shown to lead to a lowering of sympathetic tonus as well as a change in local tissue viscosity. Additionally smooth muscle cells have been discovered in fascia, which seem to be involved in active fascial contractility. Fascia and the autonomic nervous system appear to be intimately connected.
          A change in attitude in myofascial practitioners from a mechanical perspective toward an inclusion of the self-regulatory dynamics of the nervous system is suggested

Corresponding author. Correspondence to: Robert Schleip
          Last edited by bernard; 27-01-2006, 05:28 PM.

bernard

Comment

• Fascial plasticity – a new neurobiological explanation Part 2

Fascial plasticity – a new neurobiological explanation Part 2

Robert Schleip,

Cert. Rolfing Instructor & Feldenkrais Practitioner, Rolfing Faculty, European Rolfing Association e.V., Kapuzinerstr. 25, D-80337 Munich, Germany

Available online 25 March 2003.

Abstract

Part 1 of this two part article showed that immediate fascial responsiveness to manipulation cannot be explained by its mechanical properties alone. Fascia is densely innervated by mechanoreceptors which are responsive to myofascial manipulation. They are intimately connected with the central nervous system and specially with the autonomic nervous system. Part 2 of the article shows how stimulation of these receptors can trigger viscosity changes in the ground substance. The discovery and implications of the existence of fascial smooth muscle cells are of special interest in relation to fibromyalgia, amongst other conditions. An attitudinal shift is suggested, from a mechanical body concept towards a cybernetic model, in which the practitioner's intervention are seen as stimulation for self-regulatory processes within the client's organism. Practical implications of this approach in myofascial manipulation will be explored.

Corresponding author. Correspondence to: R. Schleip
            Attached Files

bernard

Comment

• Do you suppose the MFRers have ever considered your bolded bits Bernard?
              Do you suppose the MFRers have ever read the part you put in red?
              Last edited by bernard; 27-01-2006, 07:03 PM.
              Diane
              Neurotonics PT Teamblog
              @PainPhysiosCan
              @WCPTPTPN

@dfjpt
              SomaSimple on Facebook
              @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

• Diane,

I put the paper in the intent they will complete their knowledge.
                SomaSimple provides a free learning library for all users. The red part is intended for some psychic blindness seen on the site. Education remains our main goal.
                Last edited by bernard; 27-01-2006, 07:04 PM.

bernard

Comment

• I don't know. It might not be enough to tell them the water hole exists. It might not be enough to tell them where to find it. It might not be enough to lead them to it. It might be necessary to insert IV lines.
                  Diane
                  Neurotonics PT Teamblog
                  @PainPhysiosCan
                  @WCPTPTPN

@dfjpt
                  SomaSimple on Facebook
                  @somasimple

Comment

• I edited the first post for glasses owners.

bernard

Comment

• I SEE!!

Do you think it will help? Schleip seems to be miles ahead of Barnes et al.. good on him.
                      Diane
                      Neurotonics PT Teamblog
                      @PainPhysiosCan
                      @WCPTPTPN

@dfjpt
                      SomaSimple on Facebook
                      @somasimple

Comment

• Originally posted by Diane
                        Do you think it will help?
                        Unfortunately it doesn't work for deafness. :embarasse

bernard

Comment

• I propose, Bernard, that we move this thread and the other one on Schleip's "fascia-nating" take on fascia, comments, highlighting and all, and append them to the runaway MFR thread. That way all the info is clumped in one place. The deaf and blind may never get the info tuned in properly, but perhaps scads of visitors/readers/ questioners/seekers/thinkers will have more info upon which to base their thinking. And from a rolfer who "thought" his own way out of the jaws of the two-headed sea monster, no less.
                          Diane
                          Neurotonics PT Teamblog
                          @PainPhysiosCan
                          @WCPTPTPN

@dfjpt
                          SomaSimple on Facebook
                          @somasimple

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          x
                          Working...
                          X