San Diego Summit, Keynote- Dr. Lorimer Moseley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Diego Summit, Keynote- Dr. Lorimer Moseley

The (first annual?) San Diego Summit is currently being organized for February 20-22, 2015

Anyone who is interested in the applications of pain science in a clinical setting is welcome to attend.

Current research in neuroscience and in pain management has made great advancements in the understanding of pain. The question is now what do we do with that knowledge? The purpose of the San Diego Summit is to support the bridge connecting current theories of pain science with treatment protocols in the clinic.

Keynote speaker- Lorimer Moseley:clap2r. Moseley will be sharing cutting edge information that hasn't been published or discussed in previous lectures.

Other speakers include:

Jason Silvernail, DPT, DsC, FAAOMPT

Joe Brence, DPT, FAAOMPT, COMT, DAC

John Ware, PT, MS, FAAOMPT

Diane Jacobs, PT

Barrett Dorko, PT

Neil Pearson PT, MsC

Eric Kruger, DPT

Kara Barnett, MPT, OCS

Master of Ceremony will be Jason Erickson

There are a couple other speakers who aren't confirmed yet.

CONFIRMED- Cory Blickenstaff

CONFIRMED- Christopher Moyer, PhD

The cost of this 3 day event will be $550 until Sept. 1, then jumps to $620.

Approved by ProCert for 11 CCU's
    Approved by BOC for 10.25 CE's

Register or learn more at www. sandiegopainsummit.com
    Last edited by rkathryn; 10-09-2014, 05:02 PM.
    "The danger is not that the soul should doubt whether there is any bread, but that, by a lie, it should persuade itself that it is not hungry" (Simone Weil)

Whoa! wish I could be there - too far.

ANdy

but will be in June!
    "Here is Edward Bear coming downstairs now, bump, bump, bump, on the back of his head behind Christopher Robin. It is, as far as he knows, the only way of coming downstairs, but sometimes he feels that there is another way, if only he could stop bumping for a moment and think of it." A.A. Milne

Comment

That is a steal at 400 dollars

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
      --------------------------------------------------------------
      Body is imbued with mind, and mind is embodied.

Comment

Oops, I forgot to budget in the speakers who have accepted since my initial projections. I've edited the price to reflect that.
        "The danger is not that the soul should doubt whether there is any bread, but that, by a lie, it should persuade itself that it is not hungry" (Simone Weil)

Comment

Way to GO! An all star line up for sure!
          Cory Blickenstaff, PT, OCS

Pain Science and Sensibility Podcast
          Leaps and Bounds Blog
          My youtube channel

Comment

Excited for this event! Have hard Moseley speak before, he's great, but I'm equally as excited to hear the other speakers as well!

Brian Arvizo PT, DPT
            University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics/Meriter
            Orthopedic Physical Therapy Resident
            Doctor of Physical Therapy
            https://twitter.com/ArvizoBrian

Comment

I'm already making plans to start saving my pennies for this. For those not quite so fortunate or even just for posterity sake, have you given consideration to recording the event, Rajam?

Comment

That's a really good idea and I do have that on my list of possibilities, but I'm not positive about it right at this time.

Comment

I'm very excited about this.
                  Tim Irving DC, MS, LMT

Comment

The final speaker has been confirmed- Christopher Moyer, PhD

Comment

Originally posted by rkathryn View Post
                      The final speaker has been confirmed- Christopher Moyer, PhD

:clap2::clap2::clap2:
                      Diane
                      www.dermoneuromodulation.com
                      SensibleSolutionsPhysiotherapy
                      HumanAntiGravitySuit blog
                      Neurotonics PT Teamblog
                      Canadian Physiotherapy Pain Science Division (Archived newsletters, paincasts)
                      Canadian Physiotherapy Association Pain Science Division Facebook page
                      @PainPhysiosCan
                      WCPT PhysiotherapyPainNetwork on Facebook
                      @WCPTPTPN
                      Neuroscience and Pain Science for Manual PTs Facebook page

@dfjpt
                      SomaSimple on Facebook
                      @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

I am so excited for the opportunity to see so many of there!

Thank you, Rajam.

Respectfully,
                        Keith
                        Blog: Keith's Korner
                        Twitter: @18mmPT

Comment

I'm already making plans to start saving my pennies for this. For those not quite so fortunate or even just for posterity sake, have you given consideration to recording the event, Rajam?
                          Why don't I get you connected with MedBridge? May be a good opportunity for both of you...
                          Joseph Brence, DPT, FAAOMPT, COMT, DAC
                          "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein
                          Blog: www.forwardthinkingpt.com

Comment

This sounds absolutely awesome, definitely going to try to get out there for this. Especially in San Diego, what an awesome city!

Rajam, is there a website set up for this event?
                            Last edited by MPowersDPT; 10-03-2014, 08:27 PM. Reason: Forgot some content
                            Mark Powers, PT, DPT, OCS
                            "Language is not neutral. It is not merely a vehicle which carries ideas. It is itself, a shaper of ideas."-Dale Spender

Comment

Mark- there is a website set up and ready to go.... www.sandiegopainsummit.com

I just haven't really advertised it since the dates aren't finalized. Once they are, registration will be open, and I'll start plastering it all over the place.
                              Last edited by rkathryn; 10-03-2014, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X