X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amacs
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
    Not formally Diane. I wanted to come to your recent course in Toronto but had a family conflict so could not attend. I hope to attend a course/sit down and chat in the future. Just wanted you to know your Pain Sciences Division is starting to help us old ortho trained PTs move forward. The ortho division in Canada should be a subgroup of the Pain Sciences Division. Maybe one day......

Cheers,
    Jim
    It would perhaps help change the perspective if that were to happen, we live in hope and live for change.

ANdy

Leave a comment:

• amacs
    replied
    Originally posted by ginger View Post
    Oh well, just goes to show that popularity alone does not make your ideas worth much.
    No but it might pay the bills though Geoff!

Leave a comment:

• ginger
    replied
    I managed to get as far as the bit where she says thoraco lumbar and pelvic fascia is to blame for a lot of pelvic pain. With an aside that this was just like tennis elbow .
    Yeah right.
    Oh well, just goes to show that popularity alone does not make your ideas worth much.

Leave a comment:

• Diane
    replied
    Not formally Diane. I wanted to come to your recent course in Toronto but had a family conflict so could not attend. I hope to attend a course/sit down and chat in the future. Just wanted you to know your Pain Sciences Division is starting to help us old ortho trained PTs move forward. The ortho division in Canada should be a subgroup of the Pain Sciences Division. Maybe one day......

Cheers,
    Jim
    Ha, I think I like you a lot without ever having even had the pleasure of meeting you.

Way back when, 2005 or whenever it was, Peter Huijbregts himself contacted me and said we should have a pain science division and it should be a subgroup under ortho division. I gently declined at the time. Or maybe swiftly.

I figured pain science for PT would become completely invisible (remain filtered into peripheralist, bottom-up, biomedical) if we did it that way, and PT manual therapy would never have a chance to evolve into being more therapist and less physical.

Now I hear a statement that sounds inside out what belongs under the wing of what, compared to the past. I like it!

I guess less than a decade isn't really all that long ago, in the long run. Takes awhile to steer a big ship away from an iceberg..

Leave a comment:

• Jimmy
    replied

Cheers,
    Jim

Leave a comment:

• Diane
    replied
    More than you think Diane! All of those feeds you send out on Twitter and the facebook page etc make an impact. Thank you. It is a thankless job. I am seeing Ortho minded PTs up here that are starting to question their beliefs. The seed has been planted.....stay tuned.
    Whoo-hoo!! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Ray of hope. :angel::thumbs_up

[Tell me Jimmy, have we met?]

Leave a comment:

• Jimmy
    replied
    More than you think Diane! All of those feeds you send out on Twitter and the facebook page etc make an impact. Thank you. It is a thankless job. I am seeing Ortho minded PTs up here that are starting to question their beliefs. The seed has been planted.....stay tuned.

Much appreciated!
    Jim

Leave a comment:

• Diane
    replied
    Diane, I believe LJ Lee and Diane Lee do not teach/work together any longer. I haven't yet listened to the interview. As you can appreciate this is the type of thinking that has come from the leadership of our manual therapy system in Canada for years. It is still biomechanically based. Thankfully we have a Pain Sciences division. We all need to be the catalyst for change. Forums such as this are part of that change. I understand I am speaking to the converted. Keep on challenging the education groups. This is being done in Canada and change will come. It will be slow but it will come.

Thanks,
    Jim Millard

I know.

OK, well, I don't "know" for sure, but I can hope. Right? And thank you for your supportive comments Jim! :angel:

I guess I thought having a Pain Science Division would solve the problem (in Canada at least), bam, full stop.
    Clearly that was just wishful thinking. However, I think it is helping, slightly.. maybe little by little..

Leave a comment:

• Jimmy
    replied
    Diane, I believe LJ Lee and Diane Lee do not teach/work together any longer. I haven't yet listened to the interview. As you can appreciate this is the type of thinking that has come from the leadership of our manual therapy system in Canada for years. It is still biomechanically based. Thankfully we have a Pain Sciences division. We all need to be the catalyst for change. Forums such as this are part of that change. I understand I am speaking to the converted. Keep on challenging the education groups. This is being done in Canada and change will come. It will be slow but it will come.

Thanks,
    Jim Millard

Leave a comment:

• Diane
    replied
    The Lees aren't related. It's just coincidence that they have the same last name.

Leave a comment:

• byronselorme
    replied
    Isn't her daughter a big proponent of this thinking as well? I wonder if she will face the doubt one day?

Leave a comment:

• ian s
    replied
    wonder if she has read this .....

http://www.cpdo.net/Lederman_The_fal...ical_model.pdf

"Bollocks to the research my clinical experience and the clinical experience of many other clinicians across multiple disciplines some people say that they need to see more data. Maybe they need to see more data, but I don't".

Of course you don't ...whenever your mind is totally fixed (like the structure of a brick wall) it needs a big hammer to make any dent in it ......besides if this happens the money generating scheme faces a few challenges ..... There are lots of structuralists facing the same dilemma I would imagine .
    Last edited by ian s; 10-11-2013, 10:44 AM. Reason: sp

Leave a comment:

• Diane
    replied
    Really, the more I think about this quote, the more I see the fortress is falling down.
    The Fortress of Mesodoom. Humpty Dumpty.

Thank you so much for posting that Anders, and for that highlight Eric, and that biomechanical model fail gif. :thumbs_up

:clap2:

Leave a comment:

• Diane
    replied
    Originally posted by Rick Carter View Post
    You're both Canucks.
    More by fluke than by design.

Leave a comment:

• Rick Carter
    replied
    You're both Canucks.

Leave a comment: