Exploring the Pelvis with Diane Lee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
    Not formally Diane. I wanted to come to your recent course in Toronto but had a family conflict so could not attend. I hope to attend a course/sit down and chat in the future. Just wanted you to know your Pain Sciences Division is starting to help us old ortho trained PTs move forward. The ortho division in Canada should be a subgroup of the Pain Sciences Division. Maybe one day......

Cheers,
    Jim
    Ha, I think I like you a lot without ever having even had the pleasure of meeting you.

Way back when, 2005 or whenever it was, Peter Huijbregts himself contacted me and said we should have a pain science division and it should be a subgroup under ortho division. I gently declined at the time. Or maybe swiftly.

I figured pain science for PT would become completely invisible (remain filtered into peripheralist, bottom-up, biomedical) if we did it that way, and PT manual therapy would never have a chance to evolve into being more therapist and less physical.

Now I hear a statement that sounds inside out what belongs under the wing of what, compared to the past. I like it!

I guess less than a decade isn't really all that long ago, in the long run. Takes awhile to steer a big ship away from an iceberg..
    Diane
    www.dermoneuromodulation.com
    SensibleSolutionsPhysiotherapy
    HumanAntiGravitySuit blog
    Neurotonics PT Teamblog
    Canadian Physiotherapy Pain Science Division (Archived newsletters, paincasts)
    Canadian Physiotherapy Association Pain Science Division Facebook page
    @PainPhysiosCan
    WCPT PhysiotherapyPainNetwork on Facebook
    @WCPTPTPN
    Neuroscience and Pain Science for Manual PTs Facebook page

@dfjpt
    SomaSimple on Facebook
    @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

I managed to get as far as the bit where she says thoraco lumbar and pelvic fascia is to blame for a lot of pelvic pain. With an aside that this was just like tennis elbow .
      Yeah right.
      Oh well, just goes to show that popularity alone does not make your ideas worth much.
      :lightbulb vox clamantis in deserto

Geoff Fisher
      Physiotherapist

Comment

Originally posted by ginger View Post
        Oh well, just goes to show that popularity alone does not make your ideas worth much.
        No but it might pay the bills though Geoff!
        "Here is Edward Bear coming downstairs now, bump, bump, bump, on the back of his head behind Christopher Robin. It is, as far as he knows, the only way of coming downstairs, but sometimes he feels that there is another way, if only he could stop bumping for a moment and think of it." A.A. Milne

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
          Not formally Diane. I wanted to come to your recent course in Toronto but had a family conflict so could not attend. I hope to attend a course/sit down and chat in the future. Just wanted you to know your Pain Sciences Division is starting to help us old ortho trained PTs move forward. The ortho division in Canada should be a subgroup of the Pain Sciences Division. Maybe one day......

Cheers,
          Jim
          It would perhaps help change the perspective if that were to happen, we live in hope and live for change.

ANdy
          "Here is Edward Bear coming downstairs now, bump, bump, bump, on the back of his head behind Christopher Robin. It is, as far as he knows, the only way of coming downstairs, but sometimes he feels that there is another way, if only he could stop bumping for a moment and think of it." A.A. Milne

Comment

Working...
          X