This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIS DermoNeuroModulation

I uploaded a pdf of the dermoneuromodulation slideshow presentation I did in June, at this link; it occurred to me later that the DNM forum is for members only. This forum is visible to the public, so I've begun this new thread and uploaded the pdf again.
    Sorry for any confusion. I want there to be public access to this pdf.
    Attached Files
    Diane
    www.dermoneuromodulation.com
    SensibleSolutionsPhysiotherapy
    HumanAntiGravitySuit blog
    Neurotonics PT Teamblog
    Canadian Physiotherapy Pain Science Division (Archived newsletters, paincasts)
    Canadian Physiotherapy Association Pain Science Division Facebook page
    @PainPhysiosCan
    WCPT PhysiotherapyPainNetwork on Facebook
    @WCPTPTPN
    Neuroscience and Pain Science for Manual PTs Facebook page

@dfjpt
    SomaSimple on Facebook
    @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

If anyone wants to hear me talk about DNM, here is a link to an interview by Karen Litzy.

1. Open the link
    2. Click off the top feed
    3. Click on (or search for) "Dermo Neuro Modulation with PT Diane Jacobs."
    4. Then ignore all the noisy pseudoscience ads as best you can. Use the slider to push through those. There are five in all.

Thank you Karen for producing a show that interviews PTs about our work.

(I find the ads distracting and way too loud, and don't think they enhance your otherwise profession-building show in the least, but maybe it's just me being picky and irritable.)
    Diane
    Neurotonics PT Teamblog
    @PainPhysiosCan
    @WCPTPTPN

@dfjpt
    SomaSimple on Facebook
    @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

Diane, I listened yourself and Jason be interviewed by Will while I cleaned the bathroom on Sunday. Very therapeutic.
      Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Sheffphysio View Post
        Diane, I listened yourself and Jason be interviewed by Will while I cleaned the bathroom on Sunday. Very therapeutic.
        Therapeutic? Really?
        Here is a link to that interview: Moving beyond the technique: from operator to interactor
        Diane
        Neurotonics PT Teamblog
        @PainPhysiosCan
        @WCPTPTPN

@dfjpt
        SomaSimple on Facebook
        @somasimple

Comment

DNM

Hi Diane,

When performing DNM on the trunk, the skin stretch is in opposite direction of the cut. nerves, but how come in the extremities a skin stretch that is longitudinal to the cut. nerves seems to work better???

I think I'm missing something.

Mike

Things that move, feel pain. L. Da Vinci

Comment

Hi Mark,
            I think what matters is that the nerve gets some movement. You can move them however you like, whatever way they respond best.

Most of them are diagonal, actually..
            Diane
            Neurotonics PT Teamblog
            @PainPhysiosCan
            @WCPTPTPN

@dfjpt
            SomaSimple on Facebook
            @somasimple

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
            Working...
            X