This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CT Dave Walton's online research project

Dave Walton is a PT and PhD candidate and incoming chair of the Pain Science Division in London Ontario. He has posted a questionnaire on his website and is looking for a bunch of people who have or have recently had, low back or neck pain, to log on and answer the questions, so he might collect large amounts of data. Visit Whiplash Intervention and Prognosis Research Group, to contribute a few minutes to PT pain science.

Recovery Questionnaire Study for Neck and Low Back Pain

We are currently studying the usefulness of a new questionnaire designed to measure recovery from pain or injury in neck and low back pain.

By clicking on the link below, you will be redirected to a secure page (www.limeservice.org) on which you will register with your email address. A link to the study will be sent to your email address that includes your own anonymous username and password. Upon signing in, you will be presented with the full Letter of Information. The identical letter is also shown below the start button, should you wish to read it first. You will then be asked for your consent to participate. You may choose to accept or decline to participate at that point, or any time throughout the study. The total study should take you no longer than 15 minutes.
    Go to the link and help our Dave do his project. That would be fabulous! :clap2::clap2::clap2:
    Diane
    www.dermoneuromodulation.com
    SensibleSolutionsPhysiotherapy
    HumanAntiGravitySuit blog
    Neurotonics PT Teamblog
    Canadian Physiotherapy Pain Science Division (Archived newsletters, paincasts)
    Canadian Physiotherapy Association Pain Science Division Facebook page
    @PainPhysiosCan
    WCPT PhysiotherapyPainNetwork on Facebook
    @WCPTPTPN
    Neuroscience and Pain Science for Manual PTs Facebook page

@dfjpt
    SomaSimple on Facebook
    @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Here is a video of Dave giving a talk on attentional blindness, and dangers of drilling down too hard on one thing instead of keeping a big picture in mind.

[YT]cGD7dx6GLRk[/YT]
    Diane
    Neurotonics PT Teamblog
    @PainPhysiosCan
    @WCPTPTPN

@dfjpt
    SomaSimple on Facebook
    @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

I want to bump this thread up higher in the charts, because Dave is actively recruiting people with neck and/or low back pain. These could include any reader, or any reader's patient. So please help spread the word. Dave needs 150 people minimum to make some good data.

Recovery Questionnaire Study for Neck and Low Back Pain

Evaluation of a new outcomes scale
      • intended to evaluate recovery from musculoskeletal pain and injury
      • developed through consultation with
      • clinicians
      • academic experts in the field of pain and recovery
      • most importantly, people in pain who have told us what are important indicators of recovery to them

Participants may be:
      Any person who:
      • complains of neck or low back pain
      • has recently recovered from either condition, regardless of etiology and duration

INFORMATION FOR PARTICIPANTS:

This study:
      • is completed online
      • can be done from home
      • requires 15 minutes or less
      *All subjects who complete the study will be entered into a draw for a $50 gift card from Amazon.ca.*

Participants are invited to go to:

http://whipresearch.squarespace.com/siri-study-page/

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. click on the big START button
      2. Register and be screened for the study
      Diane
      Neurotonics PT Teamblog
      @PainPhysiosCan
      @WCPTPTPN

@dfjpt
      SomaSimple on Facebook
      @somasimple

Comment

Diane, I thought I would register for Dave's survey but when I went to the secure site it stated there were no surveys.

Actually I don't think I am what he is looking for, as my episodes of LBP were some years ago and pain resolved completely.

Nari

Comment

Originally posted by nari View Post
          Diane, I thought I would register for Dave's survey but when I went to the secure site it stated there were no surveys.

Actually I don't think I am what he is looking for, as my episodes of LBP were some years ago and pain resolved completely.

Nari
          What???? I'll have to tell him! About the site! Yikes!!!
          Diane
          Neurotonics PT Teamblog
          @PainPhysiosCan
          @WCPTPTPN

@dfjpt
          SomaSimple on Facebook
          @somasimple

Comment

Originally posted by Diane View Post
            What???? I'll have to tell him! About the site! Yikes!!!
            I wanted to participate but no go on that URL!

wayne_ Tucson AZ USA

Comment

The study is long closed. Sorry.
              Diane
              Neurotonics PT Teamblog
              @PainPhysiosCan
              @WCPTPTPN

@dfjpt
              SomaSimple on Facebook
              @somasimple

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              x
              Working...
              X