Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't wait until I have access to the manual, much of what Diane posts resonates with my massage background. I'll get to revisit some of that work in a new light :clap2:
    Last edited by Tirving; 16-09-2013, 09:27 PM.
    Tim Irving DC, MS, LMT

Comment

I've been a member of SS for some time now but usually in the consumption capacity. Diane I have been using the techniques you have described as DNM for a few months now and I must say the results speak for themselves. I seems to almost always get the pesky "knots" that the massage therapist and/or Chiropractor struggle to get out (usually make worse). They always say "wow how did you get rid of the knot, you didn't even do much". Usually I am explaining the science behind the tech while treating the patient and I feel that really helps down regulate their system. Thanks again for providing us a simple tool that works consistently.

Comment

My pleasure!
        Diane
        www.dermoneuromodulation.com
        SensibleSolutionsPhysiotherapy
        HumanAntiGravitySuit blog
        Neurotonics PT Teamblog
        Canadian Physiotherapy Pain Science Division (Archived newsletters, paincasts)
        Canadian Physiotherapy Association Pain Science Division Facebook page
        @PainPhysiosCan
        WCPT PhysiotherapyPainNetwork on Facebook
        @WCPTPTPN
        Neuroscience and Pain Science for Manual PTs Facebook page

@dfjpt
        SomaSimple on Facebook
        @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

Ran across this information today and thought it may be good to post it as a cross-comment on this thread.

Originally posted by BB
          from:http://www.somasimple.com/forums/sho...&postcount=118

This is why skin stretch must not be viewed or practiced as a static stretch. Constant movement, variation in pressure is crucial. This is also of the tougher technical aspects to "get." If you were to have me do DNM on you and then Diane that would likely be a notable difference. Her constant movement is very perceptible if minute.

Originally posted by Diane
          Yes, sorry if it comes off sounding static. One has to track/adapt to whatever the patient's nervous system is busy doing. Two-way conversation/adaptation.
          C.O. ( gender: ) - LMT, BS(Anatomy), DC
          Music Fog... pick a song to listen to... you can't go wrong.
          Need relaxation samples for your office? I have made a Deep Relaxation Massage Music Pandora Station and have others that may also be useful - about 8 massage music stations and about 49 other nifty options.

Comment

thanks for this manual diane.i have just few questions about the dnm technique,when u use dnm and how much it is effective when u compare to other treatments?
            its just that this technique is very new for me and i am trying to understand it.

Comment

Working...
            X