This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNM manual

Here is a link to the DNM manual, available for free download. (But Bernard welcomes all donations. :thumbs_up).
    Last edited by Diane; 23-08-2007, 02:12 AM.
    Diane
    www.dermoneuromodulation.com
    SensibleSolutionsPhysiotherapy
    HumanAntiGravitySuit blog
    Neurotonics PT Teamblog
    Canadian Physiotherapy Pain Science Division (Archived newsletters, paincasts)
    Canadian Physiotherapy Association Pain Science Division Facebook page
    @PainPhysiosCan
    WCPT PhysiotherapyPainNetwork on Facebook
    @WCPTPTPN
    Neuroscience and Pain Science for Manual PTs Facebook page

@dfjpt
    SomaSimple on Facebook
    @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

It looks like the manual will soon be available translated into French.
    Merci Marc! :teeth::thumbs_up
    Diane
    Neurotonics PT Teamblog
    @PainPhysiosCan
    @WCPTPTPN

@dfjpt
    SomaSimple on Facebook
    @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

Diane, it's such a modest contribution
      sigpic Kay'1
      "Ce qu'il y a de meilleurs dans les religions, ce sont leurs hérétiques" Nietzsche

Comment

When i click on the hypertext it tells me that i do not have permission to access this page because i "do not have sufficient privaleges"

How do i gain "privaleges"?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Jono,

See the thread "join the somasimplers"
          Cory Blickenstaff, PT, OCS

Pain Science and Sensibility Podcast
          Leaps and Bounds Blog
          My youtube channel

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks! Looking forward to study this one:clap1:

Comment

DNM

Hi Diane,

Thank you. WoW:clap1:

Mike

Comment

Diane, like Mike, I must give you my best congratulations for your nice job. I've just finished the reading of your book this week and i'm very surprised by information that appears in it. I've been learning english languaje last months only for understand better all this nice issue (it's other positive point eh, eh eh,). I want read it again and i'll be ready for ask you some doubts i got. I'm useing DNM with my pacients and at the moment it works very very well, I'm very suprised with all this.:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Best regards to all.

Comment

Diane,

I notice things get a little vague around the elbow region. What would you do for tennis elbow( radial nerve). Within the context of thios manual.

Thanks for the input. Great manual BTW.

Comment

What would you do for tennis elbow( radial nerve)
                      Thanks fopr spotting vagueness proud... I'll put elbow higher up on the list of improvements to make in the next draft. I'm glad you are fnding some useful items in it as is.
                      For readial nerve, I'd get the person's arm into some poition that was commfy for them, the I'd use a balloon technique, most likely.
                      Diane
                      Neurotonics PT Teamblog
                      @PainPhysiosCan
                      @WCPTPTPN

@dfjpt
                      SomaSimple on Facebook
                      @somasimple

Comment

Thanks Diane,

This may sound like a stupid question, but what is the "balloon" technique? I don't think I saw it actually defined in the manual?

Also, the section on treating the dorsal rami. When you say "investigate hardness" of tissues just off midline. How deep are you palpating approximately?

Also, for the side lying technique( dorsal rami section).....I did not follow the "slowly load into the foot, pulling it towards you".....is the knee at 90 degrees. Would you mind clarifying that?

I hope you don't mind my questions Diane. I recognize a lot of work went into this manual and I am in essense asking for free instruction. Hope it's okay

Comment

Are you planning to try a few of these ideas out?
                          Balloon technique isn't defined in the manual. Another place where there's room for improvement. If you use the search engine here on SS, you'll find it described. Just enter balloon technique.
                          Also, the section on treating the dorsal rami. When you say "investigate hardness" of tissues just off midline. How deep are you palpating approximately?
                          Just skin deep. (If tissues are hard, they practically jump right out at you - have you noticed?) You are not going to try to press into them, you're just going to check how big the bungee cords feel, so you can know later if your efforts have helped that person's NS improve its output. Which is not really necessary if you're following along with the action as it happens, but it provides you with another way to check.
                          Diane
                          Neurotonics PT Teamblog
                          @PainPhysiosCan
                          @WCPTPTPN

@dfjpt
                          SomaSimple on Facebook
                          @somasimple

Comment

Also, for the side lying technique( dorsal rami section).....I did not follow the "slowly load into the foot, pulling it towards you".....is the knee at 90 degrees. Would you mind clarifying that?
                            The patient is prone. Legs are straight.
                            Diane
                            Neurotonics PT Teamblog
                            @PainPhysiosCan
                            @WCPTPTPN

@dfjpt
                            SomaSimple on Facebook
                            @somasimple

Comment

Diane,

Are you planning to try a few of these ideas out?
                              Well I currently have a recalcitrant lateral elbow patient. I have utilized mulligan lateral glides but that irritated things( I utilized it because on day one he reported less pain with grip strength after the application of that technique). But after that he got worse.

His ULTT is +ve for radial nerve bias. Thus I taped it and went for some cervical lateral glides( Vicenzio et al I think). Also some flossing. No change after 6 sessions.

I have read here and must say that much of it makes perfect sense( Much I said....not all). I do believe in deviating from the outcome lit for 3-4 sessions to see what happens.

So yes....I am.

The patient is prone. Legs are straight
                              I still cannot visualize. It seems I can't reach the two( the L/s and the foot). Or at least I am reaching again and I don't want to strain my darn shoulder again

Comment

Working...
                              X