Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I experimented a little with Dycem equivalent on the side edge of table and also on the floor for use of a surface with a tractionable coefficient of friction (a fake 'third hand' 'area of static contact'), it's one of those 'technically possible' to traction skin situations but the lack of comfortable positioning at times confounds the results a lot (much like poking yourself with your thumb and then with a ball does).
    "Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent." ("Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen.“) Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Question your tea spoons. Georges Perec

Comment

Thank you for these videos! I am mostly a visual learner and SEEING the techniques in action was helpful to clarify what I have read.

Comment

DNM - What is it?

Jason is in production these days. Here is something we made in July.

[YT]HXqnGPwqd0U[/YT]
        Diane
        www.dermoneuromodulation.com
        SensibleSolutionsPhysiotherapy
        HumanAntiGravitySuit blog
        Neurotonics PT Teamblog
        Canadian Physiotherapy Pain Science Division (Archived newsletters, paincasts)
        Canadian Physiotherapy Association Pain Science Division Facebook page
        @PainPhysiosCan
        WCPT PhysiotherapyPainNetwork on Facebook
        @WCPTPTPN
        Neuroscience and Pain Science for Manual PTs Facebook page

@dfjpt
        SomaSimple on Facebook
        @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

I talk with my hands a lot.
          I guess that's pretty ideomotor of me.

More quick clips from Jason:

[YT]mT0mhOgQSG0[/YT]

[YT]ZOtfnqnUzMQ[/YT]

[YT]6ga9xzrPz-c[/YT]
          Diane
          Neurotonics PT Teamblog
          @PainPhysiosCan
          @WCPTPTPN

@dfjpt
          SomaSimple on Facebook
          @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

These are great! I am glad this kind of stuff is happening; it'll be easier to get the message out about DNM and light, cutaneous work.
            Tim Irving DC, MS, LMT

Comment

Here is Jason Erickson explaining DNM concepts, how to blend DNM into massage therapy, and showing a few moves.

[YT]sHFeXsHTUeI[/YT]
              Diane
              Neurotonics PT Teamblog
              @PainPhysiosCan
              @WCPTPTPN

@dfjpt
              SomaSimple on Facebook
              @somasimple

Comment

Thanks in advance to you Diane and Jason:clap1:

Regards
                Mike

Comment

thanks for this videos

Comment

Working...
                  X