X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip Dermoneuromodulation: Posting Roundup

Dermoneuromodulation: Posting Roundup

This links contains links to a series of recent blogposts explaining the approach and thinking about the nervous system associated with it.
    Diane
    www.dermoneuromodulation.com
    SensibleSolutionsPhysiotherapy
    HumanAntiGravitySuit blog
    Neurotonics PT Teamblog
    Canadian Physiotherapy Pain Science Division (Archived newsletters, paincasts)
    Canadian Physiotherapy Association Pain Science Division Facebook page
    @PainPhysiosCan
    WCPT PhysiotherapyPainNetwork on Facebook
    @WCPTPTPN
    Neuroscience and Pain Science for Manual PTs Facebook page

@dfjpt
    SomaSimple on Facebook
    @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Thanks, Diane.

For those who prefer "hard copies", I have attached a pdf of these postings.

Respectfully,
    Keith
    Attached Files
    Blog: Keith's Korner
    Twitter: @18mmPT

Comment

Check out my blog www.forwardthinkingpt.com which has a great post by Diane on DNM today!!!!
      Joseph Brence, DPT, FAAOMPT, COMT, DAC
      "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein
      Blog: www.forwardthinkingpt.com

Comment

Thanks Joe! I see a few of the links didn't survive the crossing by email... but the main ones did, so that's good.
        Diane
        Neurotonics PT Teamblog
        @PainPhysiosCan
        @WCPTPTPN

@dfjpt
        SomaSimple on Facebook
        @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

Thanks Diane...The links are still in there but for some reason the text color only changed on some of them...I have no idea why this happened and tried to re-paste a couple of times and kept coming out the same...lets see if anyone finds these "hidden" links
          Joseph Brence, DPT, FAAOMPT, COMT, DAC
          "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein
          Blog: www.forwardthinkingpt.com

Comment

DNM and Reticular Activating System

When I was looking up some information on the Reticular Activating System (RAS) I ran across the following quote on Wikipedia which got me wondering:

"Magoun recorded potentials within the medial portion of the brain stem and discovered that auditory stimuli directly fired portions of the reticular activating system. Furthermore, single-shock stimulation of the sciatic nerve also activated the medial reticular formation, hypothalamus, and thalamus."

When we apply DNM that impacts the sciatic nerve could we be stimulating the RAS and changing attention and sleep patterns?

Comment

I think that is inside the realm of possibility..
              But I couldn't say for certain sure.
              Diane
              Neurotonics PT Teamblog
              @PainPhysiosCan
              @WCPTPTPN

@dfjpt
              SomaSimple on Facebook
              @somasimple

Comment

Working...
              X