This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a whole course here.

Your sketches simplify a complex process perfectly - and I've come to understand a lot about simplification.
    Barrett L. Dorko

Comment

Originally posted by CDano View Post
      Again thanks Diane, this is great stuff, i hope you don't mind if i share it.
      Please share.
      I fight to get it out of my head. The more others can share it out, the less exhausting it feels for me.

Thanks Barrett, Steve.
      Diane
      www.dermoneuromodulation.com
      SensibleSolutionsPhysiotherapy
      HumanAntiGravitySuit blog
      Neurotonics PT Teamblog
      Canadian Physiotherapy Pain Science Division (Archived newsletters, paincasts)
      Canadian Physiotherapy Association Pain Science Division Facebook page
      @PainPhysiosCan
      WCPT PhysiotherapyPainNetwork on Facebook
      @WCPTPTPN
      Neuroscience and Pain Science for Manual PTs Facebook page

@dfjpt
      SomaSimple on Facebook
      @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

My best bit.

I enjoyed it all but loved "you are part of it" and the ramifications thereof. Up there with "You are not your thoughts." as a ground shaker from ACT. Used a little bit in this afternoons assessment clinic
        Peering over the shoulders of giants.

Know pain. Know gain.

Comment

It's fine by me Steve, although acknowledgement in there somewhere would be nice.
          Diane
          Neurotonics PT Teamblog
          @PainPhysiosCan
          @WCPTPTPN

@dfjpt
          SomaSimple on Facebook
          @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

Apologies, I was too excited and just posted without consideration. I have headed this one with attribution. Many thanks again - this is great stuff. I also really liked the last part ...If this is not landing somewhere useful in the brain...

A feast of food for thought.
            Attached Files
            Peering over the shoulders of giants.

Know pain. Know gain.

Comment

Diane, your new encounter posts are amazing. It shows how only after VERY hard and thorough study can someone create such a simple, elegant and hard-hitting story that works to effectively change the patient's whole perspective without creating cognitive dissonance. :clap1:

Question, where in the world did you find a poster of the nervous system without all the mesoderm stuffing? I find online only bad posters, either too absurdly sci-fi-stylized or too simplified.:cry: I really need one for the wall in my Praxis.

thank you very much,

DANIEL
              Daniel

Comment

Thanks Steve, Daniel.
                The poster I use is one I had made up of the same image I use on the Facebook page - it's one by Alex Grey.
                It's the only one of his I like, and like it I do.
                I wrote and asked his permission to use it on FB, and he said yes as long as his name was on it and the pixel count was thus and so, etc. So I complied with all that.
                Diane
                Neurotonics PT Teamblog
                @PainPhysiosCan
                @WCPTPTPN

@dfjpt
                SomaSimple on Facebook
                @somasimple

Comment

Here is New treatment encounter Part VI.
                  Diane
                  Neurotonics PT Teamblog
                  @PainPhysiosCan
                  @WCPTPTPN

@dfjpt
                  SomaSimple on Facebook
                  @somasimple

Comment

Thank you Diane for these. I really enjoy reading your posts. Great thought provoking material!

Comment

Thanks so much for these Diane (even though I'm a couple of years late to the party on this one). I really enjoyed reading those posts - as I learn more here and become more determined to approach my work from an ectodermal perspective, I have been wondering about how I can do my patients a better service by improving my interactions with them. This really highlights the need to understand well why you're doing what you're doing (and have the ability to explain it clearly!). I look forward to re-reading them some more.

Comment

Working...
                      X