Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The website the school uses is authorshare.com. It allows you to share them publicly, privately, as video, embedded, downloaded, etc etc. I think it would be a great addition to a lot of the information presented here. It can be checked out here.
    www.slideshare.com is a great one as well.
    Cory Blickenstaff, PT, OCS

Pain Science and Sensibility Podcast
    Leaps and Bounds Blog
    My youtube channel

Comment

Thanks very much for sharing your hard work and knowledge Diane.

Comment

Downloading it now. Very excited to see this. Thanks Diane!
        Rod Henderson, PT, ScD, OCS
        It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into. — Jonathan Swift

Comment

Yes, yes, and yes to what everyone else has said and then some. What a gift, not only to us personally but to all those we touch, literally and intellectually. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am so looking forward to studying it at leisure.

Tspeller, welcome! I'm a massage therapist and fairly new myself. These folks have been great and you can see for yourself here what wonderful, unexpected things await.

All of you inspire me in every way.

Comment

Thank you Diane. Your generosity and genius are having a profound influence on the changing paradigm in the field of physical therapy. I continue to read and digest all that is offered on SS. I attended a course offered by Gil Haight this past weekend...good course...talked with Tony...things are changing...slowly...but changing. Still heard a few comments like "that's like unwinding" and "science...huh...whatever works..." but with your brilliant work and that of Barrett and clarifications of Jason, John et al...well, I just keep refining my treatment strategies. I continue to bring an honesty and sincerity to my work and patient care..."On Wisconsin"...Gil's course...Expain Pain next week...Gary Diny in Oct...Barrett in Chicago in Feb...it's all good...thanks again Diane. Robert
            "For every man the world is as fresh as it was at the first day, and full of untold novelties for him who has the eyes to see them." Aldous Huxley

Comment

Thanks Diane! This looks wonderful! And thanks again for everything you've done for me and the rest of this community. I don't even think I could express it enough without sounding a bit nuts. Yes, I'll still buy the book & am looking forward to it!!
              "The danger is not that the soul should doubt whether there is any bread, but that, by a lie, it should persuade itself that it is not hungry" (Simone Weil)

Comment

Thanks Rajam and everyone.

Listen, if anyone (besides me I mean) has any issues with anyone or gets into a discussion with someone who thinks bottom-up neurology is the only kind that's important, feel free to share this (if you think it will do any good). I mean it. :angel:

I figure the only way to dismantle meat theories, and true believers in them, is to put something more logical out there instead.
                Diane
                www.dermoneuromodulation.com
                SensibleSolutionsPhysiotherapy
                HumanAntiGravitySuit blog
                Neurotonics PT Teamblog
                Canadian Physiotherapy Pain Science Division (Archived newsletters, paincasts)
                Canadian Physiotherapy Association Pain Science Division Facebook page
                @PainPhysiosCan
                WCPT PhysiotherapyPainNetwork on Facebook
                @WCPTPTPN
                Neuroscience and Pain Science for Manual PTs Facebook page

@dfjpt
                SomaSimple on Facebook
                @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by PYOGAT View Post
                  ... I attended a course offered by Gil Haight this past weekend...good course...talked with Tony...things are changing...slowly...but changing. Still heard a few comments like "that's like unwinding" and "science...huh...whatever works..." but with your brilliant work and that of Barrett and clarifications of Jason, John et al...well, I just keep refining my treatment strategies. I continue to bring an honesty and sincerity to my work and patient care..."On Wisconsin"...Gil's course...Expain Pain next week...Gary Diny in Oct...Barrett in Chicago in Feb...it's all good...thanks again Diane. Robert

:thumbs_up that was great meeting Robert and hearing Gil...would have been great to have a 2-day-er! (and btw none of those quotes above were mine )

and from Diane:
                  ...and now there's a deadline to get the rest done before May (I have another teaching gig, possibly, if the dates jive, at Fred's.)
                  //takes notice
                  //checks map for where Fred is
                  //retreats into hoping something occurs in the great lakes region of the states sometime soon
                  Last edited by tonyf315; 18-09-2011, 06:50 PM.
                  Tony Friese, PT
                  Vestibular Rehabilitation Competency 2006
                  Wausau, WI

Comment

Great presentation, Diane. Very cluey graphics and logic.

I've only just downloaded the pdf because my laptop is a bit slow and has to think about how to download large files. Once it 'gets it', it's very happy. Rather like a PT who is faced with neuroscience concepts...

Nari

Comment

Thanks Nari

Tony, Fred is in Quebec, beside Montreal, not all that far away from WI I think.. Closer than I live, for sure..
                      Diane
                      Neurotonics PT Teamblog
                      @PainPhysiosCan
                      @WCPTPTPN

@dfjpt
                      SomaSimple on Facebook
                      @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

I can't add more than what has been previously expressed. I also use the slides to show clients why I do what I do. They enjoy seeing how the Ruffinni's help me communicate with their brain. I never fail to tell them where all this great material comes from and that I didn't spend a dime in order to get it.

I hope the gig at Fred's materializes 'cause I'll be there with bells on.
                        Carol Lynn Chevrier LMT
                        " The truth is, people may see things differently. But they don't really want to. '' Don Draper.

Comment

It would be great to meet you Carol! :angel:
                          Diane
                          Neurotonics PT Teamblog
                          @PainPhysiosCan
                          @WCPTPTPN

@dfjpt
                          SomaSimple on Facebook
                          @somasimple

Comment

I had some time today to start studying this. Oh my goodness, I'm totally blown away. This is absolutely what I've needed. I can't understand a lot of it - yet - but I have a med student friend and can look things up and this is the guide I need to learn what it is I want to know. Wow, Diane, I'm speechless. My goal - to be able to understand all of this. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Comment

Alice, I got a lot of the basics from Mayo Clinic Medical Neurosciences, 5th ed. Great book. Highly recommend it.
                              Diane
                              Neurotonics PT Teamblog
                              @PainPhysiosCan
                              @WCPTPTPN

@dfjpt
                              SomaSimple on Facebook
                              @somasimple

Comment

Originally posted by Alice Sanvito View Post
                                My goal - to be able to understand all of this.
                                Alice,

I'll join you on that one. I think I may well retire first though.
                                Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X