X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MaxG
    replied
    Diane, I have as of now only skimmed this document over the last hour, but I want to thank you for your efforts. This is is right at the top of my "extra-curricular reading list" along with Foucault's "The Birth of the Clinic".

Leave a comment:

• Diane
    replied
    Well...
    I'd consider that.
    PM me with what you have in mind.

Leave a comment:

• vancouverRMT
    replied
    I am finding it hard to convey how much I like this Diane, and I like it alot.

Would you ever entertain the idea of teaching this to manual therapists in B.C. like Barrett did recently? We will order in very nice weather for you.

Leave a comment:

• Diane
    replied
    Really, it's just a matter of connecting the dots. What bogs me down the most is the thalamus and brainstem. Still can't remember what nuclei lives where and does what.

Leave a comment:

• Sheffphysio
    replied
    Originally posted by Alice Sanvito View Post
    My goal - to be able to understand all of this.
    Alice,

I'll join you on that one. I think I may well retire first though.

Leave a comment:

• Diane
    replied
    Alice, I got a lot of the basics from Mayo Clinic Medical Neurosciences, 5th ed. Great book. Highly recommend it.

Leave a comment:

• Alice Sanvito
    replied
    I had some time today to start studying this. Oh my goodness, I'm totally blown away. This is absolutely what I've needed. I can't understand a lot of it - yet - but I have a med student friend and can look things up and this is the guide I need to learn what it is I want to know. Wow, Diane, I'm speechless. My goal - to be able to understand all of this. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Leave a comment:

• Diane
    replied
    It would be great to meet you Carol! :angel:

Leave a comment:

• caro
    replied
    I can't add more than what has been previously expressed. I also use the slides to show clients why I do what I do. They enjoy seeing how the Ruffinni's help me communicate with their brain. I never fail to tell them where all this great material comes from and that I didn't spend a dime in order to get it.

I hope the gig at Fred's materializes 'cause I'll be there with bells on.

Leave a comment:

• Diane
    replied
    Thanks Nari

Tony, Fred is in Quebec, beside Montreal, not all that far away from WI I think.. Closer than I live, for sure..

Leave a comment:

• nari
    replied
    Great presentation, Diane. Very cluey graphics and logic.

I've only just downloaded the pdf because my laptop is a bit slow and has to think about how to download large files. Once it 'gets it', it's very happy. Rather like a PT who is faced with neuroscience concepts...

Nari

Leave a comment:

• tonyf315
    replied
    Originally posted by PYOGAT View Post
    ... I attended a course offered by Gil Haight this past weekend...good course...talked with Tony...things are changing...slowly...but changing. Still heard a few comments like "that's like unwinding" and "science...huh...whatever works..." but with your brilliant work and that of Barrett and clarifications of Jason, John et al...well, I just keep refining my treatment strategies. I continue to bring an honesty and sincerity to my work and patient care..."On Wisconsin"...Gil's course...Expain Pain next week...Gary Diny in Oct...Barrett in Chicago in Feb...it's all good...thanks again Diane. Robert

:thumbs_up that was great meeting Robert and hearing Gil...would have been great to have a 2-day-er! (and btw none of those quotes above were mine )

and from Diane:
    ...and now there's a deadline to get the rest done before May (I have another teaching gig, possibly, if the dates jive, at Fred's.)
    //takes notice
    //checks map for where Fred is
    //retreats into hoping something occurs in the great lakes region of the states sometime soon
    Last edited by tonyf315; 18-09-2011, 07:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Diane
    replied
    Thanks Rajam and everyone.

Listen, if anyone (besides me I mean) has any issues with anyone or gets into a discussion with someone who thinks bottom-up neurology is the only kind that's important, feel free to share this (if you think it will do any good). I mean it. :angel:

I figure the only way to dismantle meat theories, and true believers in them, is to put something more logical out there instead.

Leave a comment:

• rkathryn
    replied
    Thanks Diane! This looks wonderful! And thanks again for everything you've done for me and the rest of this community. I don't even think I could express it enough without sounding a bit nuts. Yes, I'll still buy the book & am looking forward to it!!

Leave a comment:

• PYOGAT
    replied
    Thank you Diane. Your generosity and genius are having a profound influence on the changing paradigm in the field of physical therapy. I continue to read and digest all that is offered on SS. I attended a course offered by Gil Haight this past weekend...good course...talked with Tony...things are changing...slowly...but changing. Still heard a few comments like "that's like unwinding" and "science...huh...whatever works..." but with your brilliant work and that of Barrett and clarifications of Jason, John et al...well, I just keep refining my treatment strategies. I continue to bring an honesty and sincerity to my work and patient care..."On Wisconsin"...Gil's course...Expain Pain next week...Gary Diny in Oct...Barrett in Chicago in Feb...it's all good...thanks again Diane. Robert

Leave a comment:

Working...
X