This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIS DNM slideshow

I'm loading this here so I have a link to send around to people who are interested in what I teach as clinical foundation and reasoning when I teach, also the operator model I came up with as a way to make nerves happier, even as a person's entire system is being interacted with. It's based on neuroanatomy, pain science and neuroscience. It takes into account the afferent system, cutaneous nerves, tunnel syndromes, and what the brain decides to do about nociceptive input, in terms of interacting with a "handler", providing it's appropriately primed, how rostral centers can and do influence the descending modulation system.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Diane; 17-09-2011, 04:48 AM.
    Diane
    www.dermoneuromodulation.com
    SensibleSolutionsPhysiotherapy
    HumanAntiGravitySuit blog
    Neurotonics PT Teamblog
    Canadian Physiotherapy Pain Science Division (Archived newsletters, paincasts)
    Canadian Physiotherapy Association Pain Science Division Facebook page
    @PainPhysiosCan
    WCPT PhysiotherapyPainNetwork on Facebook
    @WCPTPTPN
    Neuroscience and Pain Science for Manual PTs Facebook page

@dfjpt
    SomaSimple on Facebook
    @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Thanks for sharing

Diane, this is a great piece of work and clearly took much effort. Thanks for sharing a great resource!

Sandy

Comment

You're welcome Sandy. Thank you for appreciating it.
      Diane
      Neurotonics PT Teamblog
      @PainPhysiosCan
      @WCPTPTPN

@dfjpt
      SomaSimple on Facebook
      @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

amazing :thumbs_up
        Tony Friese, PT
        Vestibular Rehabilitation Competency 2006
        Wausau, WI

Comment

Do you guys think it effectively contends with myofascial concept nonsense?
          Diane
          Neurotonics PT Teamblog
          @PainPhysiosCan
          @WCPTPTPN

@dfjpt
          SomaSimple on Facebook
          @somasimple

Comment

Very nice!
            Interesting information and beautiful presentation.

Comment

Originally posted by Diane View Post
              Do you guys think it effectively contends with myofascial concept nonsense?

indeed Diane; very well timed for me at a time where I'm finding myself getting sucked back into "technique shopping" :sad:
              Tony Friese, PT
              Vestibular Rehabilitation Competency 2006
              Wausau, WI

Comment

I feel guilty getting a look at this given how much work you have put into it - and this is the "simple" version.

thank you for the privilege

regards

ANdy
                "Here is Edward Bear coming downstairs now, bump, bump, bump, on the back of his head behind Christopher Robin. It is, as far as he knows, the only way of coming downstairs, but sometimes he feels that there is another way, if only he could stop bumping for a moment and think of it." A.A. Milne

Comment

Thanks somasimplers - I'm pleased to share.
                  Diane
                  Neurotonics PT Teamblog
                  @PainPhysiosCan
                  @WCPTPTPN

@dfjpt
                  SomaSimple on Facebook
                  @somasimple

Comment

thanks ...

Diane ,
                    many people would have DNM (trademark) and a link to paypal for for this . You are extremely generous in encouraging people to use this . I am sure I speak for the majority- you are an extremely generous person with your time and the effort you put into disseminating the information . Thanks ...now all we need is for people to read and act on it !

Comment

WOW!

Simply Amazing! Thank You.

Comment

Originally posted by ian s View Post
                        Diane ,
                        many people would have DNM (trademark) and a link to paypal for for this . You are extremely generous in encouraging people to use this . I am sure I speak for the majority- you are an extremely generous person with your time and the effort you put into disseminating the information . Thanks ...now all we need is for people to read and act on it !
                        I'm still updating the manual Ian. It's turning itself (with some more fleshing out) into an explanatory treatment book.. I've got the upper half of the body done, and now there's a deadline to get the rest done before May (I have another teaching gig, possibly, if the dates jive, at Fred's.)

When I get all the permissions from everyone re: all the images I'm using, I'll be able to publish it for real and then the paypal thingy will kick in.

Anyway, meanwhile, this is just the current version of something that is no where yet approaching the perfection I'd like it to. But I do appreciate the appreciations, people.
                        Diane
                        Neurotonics PT Teamblog
                        @PainPhysiosCan
                        @WCPTPTPN

@dfjpt
                        SomaSimple on Facebook
                        @somasimple

Comment

When I describe the moderators here the first adjective I use is generous, and none is moreso than Diane.
                          Barrett L. Dorko

Comment

Originally posted by Barrett Dorko View Post
                            When I describe the moderators here the first adjective I use is generous, and none is moreso than Diane.
                            +1 :thumbs_up

Thanks again, Diane.

Respectfully,
                            Keith
                            Blog: Keith's Korner
                            Twitter: @18mmPT

Comment

Originally posted by Diane View Post
                              I'm still updating the manual Ian. It's turning itself (with some more fleshing out) into an explanatory treatment book.. I've got the upper half of the body done, and now there's a deadline to get the rest done before May (I have another teaching gig, possibly, if the dates jive, at Fred's.)

When I get all the permissions from everyone re: all the images I'm using, I'll be able to publish it for real and then the paypal thingy will kick in.

Anyway, meanwhile, this is just the current version of something that is no where yet approaching the perfection I'd like it to. But I do appreciate the appreciations, people.
                              teaching again - are you overcoming your aversion to it?

ANdy
                              "Here is Edward Bear coming downstairs now, bump, bump, bump, on the back of his head behind Christopher Robin. It is, as far as he knows, the only way of coming downstairs, but sometimes he feels that there is another way, if only he could stop bumping for a moment and think of it." A.A. Milne

Comment

Working...
                              X