Saturday Breakfast

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Breakfast

Tom's father died when he was 11 and he speaks of him fondly. Today after showing me some holes he'd drilled he spoke of him again, "We had a lot of tools.My mother told me your father got rid of the drill because he didn't want you messing with it."

I thought of my own father who graduated from West Tech as a cabinet--maker. He became a driver-salesman. I never saw him build a cabinet.

We spoke of the Buckeyes (Tom lived in Stadium dorm} and the Browns. Usual stuff.
    Barrett L. Dorko

I have been thinking a lot on how much we are influenced by those around us particularly when growing up. You can't help but to learn from those that you interact with most. Good or bad.

Browns are having a decent season

Comment

The Browns ARE. I learned from my father.
      Barrett L. Dorko

Comment

I learned from a lot of people right here!

Of course before that I was influenced by many others as well.

Comment

We are influenced by many. Some are here,some elsewhere.
          Barrett L. Dorko

Comment

I learned a lot from here also, but I consciously sought SS out. It was recently pointed out to me the I hold the steering wheel exactly the same way as my mother. A) I never noticed I held the steering wheel in an unsual way B) I had no idea my mother also has always done this. I think we are unaware of how much we pick up from those who we are around the most

Comment

Working...
            X