Pot-pourri Sunday XIII

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pot-pourri Sunday XIII

I read though a bunch of old writing this last couple of days. Almost all I say today I've said before. I said it in a metaphorical and allegorical fashion but it still didn't produce the movement in the profession I thought it would.

I became overcome by somethings much more powerful than I was. I have some ideas about what they were. Do you?
    Barrett L. Dorko

Perhaps I should ask about the power of pieces of evidence, which always accumulates, as I'm sure you know. Tell me, why is the presence of DNA considered powerful?
    Barrett L. Dorko

Comment

Too often we are driven by those who would teach us by what we see. Movie and television directors tell us what to see and Sherlock Holmes tells us what to notice and we think that we're supposed to admire those that do or that we might be capable of noticing similar, significant or small things. Easter Eggs are popular because they might be small or less than obvious but (as I human) you feel smart for figuring something out.

Science does something more. It shows us what we as humans cannot see because we're human.

That's hard to escape.
      Barrett L. Dorko

Comment

Very few, almost none, comment on these posts or answer the questions I pose. It's no wonder I write so little.
        Barrett L. Dorko

Comment

Science does something more. It shows us what we as humans cannot see because we're human
          Once a month I sit through a neuroscience presentation at The Francis Crick Institute in London. They are given by visiting professors from Europe. I don't understand much as the material deals with manipulation of genetic code and proteins. It is like trying to learn a language. Very occasionally a word or part of a sentence gives me a sense of a tiny flickering Christmas tree light, much of the time my sense of discomfort is physical. I'm hoping that immersion in this sea of unintelligible code will eventually pay off.
          Jo Bowyer
          Chartered Physiotherapist Registered Osteopath.
          "Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing,there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi

Comment

Working...
          X