Pot-pourri Sunday X

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pot-pourri Sunday X

To me, there is a lot of difference between the input of the nervous system and the output of the nervous system. They aren't the same thing. Not remotely.

Am I confused?
    Barrett L. Dorko

My confusion seems to explain a lot. The two things seem to be the same thing but the brain stands between them. It's like running into the center of the Browns' defensive line (American football). With Danny Shelton there (a very large and athletic player) it's not a good idea. You have to run around him. Many therapists simply ignore the brain's contribution. This seems like a mistake to me.
    Barrett L. Dorko

Comment

"Brain dead" is an arresting statement made in the presence of many people. There's a reason many athletes are "head hunters." The brain was "discovered" centuries ago, but its fragility is just recently "known," The fractal nature of the nervous system and the effect of neural tension has been more recently articulated and argued for. Still, peripheralism, modalities, methods and "trigger points" (I've written of all of them) dominate the application of therapy.

What's wrong?
      Barrett L. Dorko

Comment

Just because you do something legal doesn't make it right. I heard that somewhere. I thought immediately of how Dick "Night Train" Lane grabbed the (then) new fangled face mask of opposing football (American) players. It was legal when he did it (though he went through some retribution from members of the other team) so he went to the "Night Train Necktie." They made that illegal so he retired. Still he was elected to the Football Hall of Fame right down the street from me. I actually went there once.

Anyway, Night Train did things that were legal but not exactly nice. He paid for that, but he was still voted to the Football Hall of Fame. I may have mentioned that. The ignorance (willful or not) of the power of various things, like input and its difference from output, and therapy's poo-pooing of such an important aspect of detection has immediate consequences for our patients.

This hasn't made a whole lot (if any) difference to those that teach therapists what to do.
        Last edited by Barrett Dorko; 12-01-2018, 03:31 PM.
        Barrett L. Dorko

Comment

Working...
        X