No announcement yet.

Pot-Pourri Sunday VI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To further "complicate" things: injury and/or pain drive behavior both of which can catagorized by (other) persons., and elicit behaviors in others in ones social environment (Which may turn out to be helpful or not so helpful.,...and possibly influence the "behavioral drives" of the person with injury/pain)
    Last edited by marcel; 30-11-2017, 02:33 PM.
    Marcel

"Evolution is a tinkerer not an engineer" F.Jacob
    "Without imperfection neither you nor I would exist" Stephen Hawking

Comment

It has not been all that useful for many patients. The distinction between input and output has been lost on many caregivers. No amount of education seems to make a lot of difference to this.
      Barrett L. Dorko

Comment

Could it be that to many pain is merely a "symptom" , "why should one bother to give that much thought" (assuming)
        Marcel

Comment

Marcel, I think you are right. Too often it is seen as a symptom, and when the (very often ) fruitless search for the problem it MUST come from, has run its course, shoulders shrug....
          We don't see things as they are, we see things as WE are - Anais Nin

I suppose it's easier to believe something than it is to understand it.
          Cmdr. Chris Hadfield on rise of poor / pseudo science

Pain is a conscious correlate of the implicit perception of threat to body tissue - Lorimer Moseley

We don't need a body to feel a body. Ronald Melzack

Comment

To use your analogy Marcel, "Why not ask the patient if it's just a symptom?"

Since pain drives most to care and since most caregivers are such good detectives (I'm being sarcastic) finding the reason patients hurt should be in the offing. Of course, that would require an argument. Anecdotes and opinions aren't acceptable.
            Last edited by Barrett Dorko; 01-12-2017, 12:28 AM.
            Barrett L. Dorko

Comment

Asking the patient isn't that difficult, it is the listening part where "problems may arise".
              Marcel

Comment

Listening? What is that?

Asking is easy.
                Barrett L. Dorko

Comment

There's selective listening:
                  1960716679_8694fa2006.jpg?w=300&h=300.jpg
                  Marcel

Comment

Working...
                  X