No announcement yet.

Pot-pourri Sunday IV

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're correct. What's good and not so good depends upon many things. All sorts of things, and would require a lot of discussion. Understanding varies. We'd probably agree on what's good and what's simply a part of being human - as imperfect as a any human is.
    Barrett L. Dorko

Comment

as imperfect as a any human is

I think Hawkings expresses a great deal of things very well, I like these about imperfection and intelligence:

“One of the basic rules of the universe is that nothing is perfect. Perfection simply doesn't exist.....Without imperfection, neither you nor I would exist”
      “[In the Universe it may be that] Primitive life is very common and intelligent life is fairly rare. Some would say it has yet to occur on Earth.”
      Stephen Hawking
      from https://www.goodreads.com/author/quo...tephen_Hawking
      Marcel

"Evolution is a tinkerer not an engineer" F.Jacob
      "Without imperfection neither you nor I would exist" Stephen Hawking

Comment

Saying I'm addicted to reading and writing is rather safe, I admit. Other addictions remain for others to guess at. I've escaped the addiction to other things that I have a tendency to, both genetically and culturally. I'm connected to my family (who isn't?) and my home.

I would say that I'm interested in evidence and detection. I like what I heard my son once say (he may have heard it elsewhere), "I have interests, I don't have hobbies - hobbies are expensive."
        Last edited by Barrett Dorko; 14-11-2017, 02:26 PM.
        Barrett L. Dorko

Comment

Working...
        X