A perfectly tied tie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A perfectly tied tie

Today, we're seeing more and more sloppy ties, more things created by apparently random waves than in predictable outcomes.

Seth Godin here
    I don't suppose that this is something I need to worry more about, as much as I write and talk about it. I'll say to many patients what they're thinking (consciously or unconsciously): "Well, he knows how to tie a tie, maybe he'll know how to take care of me."

While caring for a quadriplegic while in college, I found that I wasn't allowed to leave until I tied the tie to his satisfaction. He was satisfied with nothing less than perfection.

My competence is implied in that tying.

A while ago I worked for a company that insisted I wear the uniform everyone else in the facility wore. It included an orange golf shirt. After a brief fight, I complied. As soon as I showed up in it a resident said, "You drive the van, don't you?"

I should have worn a tie over the golf shirt.
    Barrett L. Dorko

I realize of course that a tie isn't an option for everyone. But it's something I can use to display my respect for the work and my patients. It also makes me feel smarter.
    Barrett L. Dorko

Comment

Originally posted by Barrett Dorko View Post
      I realize of course that a tie isn't an option for everyone. But it's something I can use to display my respect for the work and my patients. It also makes me feel smarter.
      I don't wear a tie but I do wear dress pants, dress shoes and a crisp shirt. I also believe it's a manner of respect for my profession...and my patients.

I sometimes shake my head at what I see others wearing (males predominantly...because I'm a male).

A recent male student we had wore VANS for shoes, sloppy fitting kaki's and short sleeve polo shirts.

I'm sure he looks fine for a trip to the local mall or out for a couple of brewskies....

Comment

Originally posted by Barrett Dorko View Post

I should have worn a tie over the golf shirt.
        You could start a whole new cultural phenomenon. :thumbs_up
        Diane
        www.dermoneuromodulation.com
        SensibleSolutionsPhysiotherapy
        HumanAntiGravitySuit blog
        Neurotonics PT Teamblog
        Canadian Physiotherapy Pain Science Division (Archived newsletters, paincasts)
        Canadian Physiotherapy Association Pain Science Division Facebook page
        @PainPhysiosCan
        WCPT PhysiotherapyPainNetwork on Facebook
        @WCPTPTPN
        Neuroscience and Pain Science for Manual PTs Facebook page

@dfjpt
        SomaSimple on Facebook
        @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

I thought about it Diane.

Memes have to start somewhere after all. My "star pow..." sorry, couldn't say that with a straight face. Anyway, most memes fail to get anywhere, especially when I try to start them.
          Barrett L. Dorko

Comment

Working...
          X