No announcement yet.

Concrete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any therapeutic value derived from participation at SS should be viewed as an extensional benefit and not an intensional benefit and in no way is it an intentional one.
    "I did a small amount of web-based research, and what I found is disturbing"--Bob Morris

Comment

I agree. It's got some great stuff in it.
      Barrett L. Dorko

Comment

[QUOTE=Barrett Dorko;74368]In response to a typical physical therapist’s insistence that something both visible and palpable be offered in the way of explanation and instruction, the vast majority of theory revolves around exactly that. I needn’t list them all here.

But the processes of neuroscience are rarely visible or palpable. Our sense of them are several steps removed from their original manifestation and, in response to cultural dictates of behavior, the final manifestation in overt behavior of some sort is effectively hidden from view. As I often say, “We’re all playing poker.” I hope you get that.

I'm sure it has been mentioned before but Einstein's quote "Not everything that counts can be measured. Not everything that can be measured counts." probably could fit into your speech somewhere. Einstein is always good for a quote, even if he didn't say it.

You might want to mention things about redshift, dark matter and black holes and other things that astrophysicists know about not because of direct observation but because of inference and close observation of behavior of matter they can see. People consider astrophysicists supersmart geeks, the association can't hurt.

Comment

I didn't realize the date of this thread until I read further and saw Jon's name.

There still seems to be hole at SS that hasn't been filled.

Comment

That particular hole will always be a gaping void.
            Diane
            www.dermoneuromodulation.com
            SensibleSolutionsPhysiotherapy
            HumanAntiGravitySuit blog
            Neurotonics PT Teamblog
            Canadian Physiotherapy Pain Science Division (Archived newsletters, paincasts)
            Canadian Physiotherapy Association Pain Science Division Facebook page
            @PainPhysiosCan
            WCPT PhysiotherapyPainNetwork on Facebook
            @WCPTPTPN
            Neuroscience and Pain Science for Manual PTs Facebook page

@dfjpt
            SomaSimple on Facebook
            @somasimple

"Rene Descartes was very very smart, but as it turned out, he was wrong." ~Lorimer Moseley

“Comment is free, but the facts are sacred.” ~Charles Prestwich Scott, nephew of founder and editor (1872-1929) of The Guardian , in a 1921 Centenary editorial

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you, but if you really make them think, they'll hate you." ~Don Marquis

"In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists" ~Roland Barth

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state, but certainty is a ridiculous one."~Voltaire

Comment

Working...
            X