This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diane View Post
    Hard to quibble with any of these. I might reverse the order of the fifth statement, otherwise I'd have to say that the 5 cuts you've made with Occam's chainsaw are very sculptural and creative, lakeab.
    I used to be a lurker on this site, enjoying the ideas and discussions thoroughly. I am now no longer a lurker.
    I come to treatment as an artist, not a neuroscientist.
    1. Manual magic is less about what you do, and more about what you do not do.
    2. I would say "the art of therapy is as important as the science', in that order. The science is emphasized in our field. The art is barely acknowledged. With some feeling
    of personal risk, I believe that the art of therapy is based in self-knowledge, conscious choices, and as Lao Tzu states: those who lead, walk behind.
    Deborah (colinaliz)

Comment

Barrett

Originally posted by Barrett Dorko View Post
      ANdy,

Can you tell us which paragraph specifically? I'm confused.
      apologies for the ambiguity - the last chapter of the booklet - paradox and irony.

Nari

never meant to suggest it was personal just that it can be intimidating! remember some of us know nothing (relatively spekaing) when we first weigh in.

Actually still not sure I know anything, the more I discover the more shakey my foundations feel - cognitive dissonance abounds.

ANdy
      "Here is Edward Bear coming downstairs now, bump, bump, bump, on the back of his head behind Christopher Robin. It is, as far as he knows, the only way of coming downstairs, but sometimes he feels that there is another way, if only he could stop bumping for a moment and think of it." A.A. Milne

Comment

Working...
      X