• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barrett Dorko
    replied
    Jon,

It's janie@posturalrestoration.com

This afternoon I got an email from Raulan Young, an associate faculty member of PRI. He detailed things such as the "polyarticular chains and zone of apposition" that Mr. Hruska speaks of. I suggested he post what he said here. If he doesn't it won't be because he doesn't know how.

Leave a comment:

• Jon Newman
    replied
    I am also happy to answer questions that can be sent directed to this email address.
    Barrett,

Is it possible to post or to send me the above referenced email address? I think I can come up with some reasonable questions to ask and perhaps I can post the answers here.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Jon Newman
    replied
    It's like a sandwich, a little myo makes things better.

Perhaps a better closing for their letter would have been this

Leave a comment:

• Bas Asselbergs
    replied
    "myoathrokinematic re-educational patterning"
    "myologic de-pathologisation"
    "myofibric reorganisational therapy"
    "my god it's a plane"
    "myographic restructuring"
    "myotonic balancing"
    "myomy - it's hot"
    "myofascial cosmetic postural correction" (grab the hair at the top and pull hard....)

you're right nari...I'm running out. Should I do a copyright on these?

Leave a comment:

• nari
    replied
    Another case of 'this is my science', perhaps.

There seems to be an epidemic of PTs, DCs, et al, all claiming to have discovered their special way of beating round the bush - at a price, of course.

I think they will run out of neologisms soon...there is a limit on how many ways one can mangle the word -myo-.......

Nari

Leave a comment:

• Jason Silvernail
    replied
    Ooh, "Myokinematic Restoration" - it sure sounds like science!
    :sad:

J

Leave a comment:

• emad
    replied
    Please ;Could i comment

I like to reserve a place

Emad

Leave a comment:

• Diane
    replied
    And if you pay good money for something called "science", then it must be worth every penny, right?
    Last edited by Diane; 06-06-2006, 10:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Barrett Dorko
    replied
    Here's the reply received today.

Dear Barrett-

This morning I was able to share with Ron Hruska the recent postings/discussion about Postural Restoration from Soma Simple. We strongly encourage those with an interest in the science to consider attending one of the four courses offered by our Institute (Myokinematic Restoration and Postural Respiration are both appropriate for introduction of the science). Each course is two days in length and corresponds with a very detailed course manual of nearly 200 pages. Since there is a great deal of material covered in each course it is best to discuss questions following at least one course attendance. I am also happy to answer questions that can be sent directed to this email address. We very much appreciate your invitation and hope that you will consider learning more through our educational courses.

Sincerely,
    Janie Ebmeier, PTA
    Education Coordinator
    Postural Restoration Institute
    5241 R Street
    Lincoln, NE 68504
    Phone (402)467.4111; Fax (402)467.4580

So,it appears that information from PRI comes at a price.

Leave a comment:

• Barrett Dorko
    replied
    I would like everyone to please note that Jason said this and I didn't. No telling what I might be thinking though.

I'm willing to be patient waiting for a reply here and feel that the end of this week should be sufficient for at least one of the "certified therapists and faculty" to come up with something. I feel that the questions Jason has asked and those previously listed in the thread should be enough to get us started.

It's unfortunate that my student in Minneapolis has chosen not to participate. She was adamant in class that this work was well-referenced, logical and effective. She wanted details regarding the work Luke Rickards is doing in Australia and wrote down his name.

It sure didn't seem that she was done objecting to my lecture. Where is she?

Leave a comment:

• Jason Silvernail
    replied
    I wonder what sort of outcomes they are reporting? I also wonder if they are engaged in any type of research? Even a case study?

All this money and "certification" - for what? They don't appear to be engaged in efforts to advance the treatment of the conditions they purport to treat through the research process.

I wonder where all the money goes. Oh, yeah.

J

Leave a comment:

• Barrett Dorko
    replied
    Today this arrived:

Dear Barrett-

Thank you for your recent email bringing our attention to PRI discussion. While Ron Hruska is currently out of the country, he will be returning soon. I have also forwarded this thread to PRI Certified therapists and faculty.

Sincerely,
    Janie Ebmeier, PTA
    Education Coordinator, Director of Certification
    Postural Restoration Institute
    5241 R Street
    Lincoln, NE 68504
    Phone (402)467.4111; Fax (402)467.4580

Sounds like we're getting closer to the therapists actually following the theory proposed on the site.

Leave a comment:

• Barrett Dorko
    replied
    I asked for confirmation that someone had recieved my message and just got this:

Barrett-
    Your message has been received. Janie, director of Postural Restoration Institute, is out of the office until Monday June 5th. She will be able to respond once she returns.
    Thank You-
    Bobbie

Perhaps others here can ask a couple of questions before then.

Leave a comment:

• Bas Asselbergs
    replied
    Sorry - no. All I thought when I read the name "Postural Restoration" was: to what?

Leave a comment:

• Barrett Dorko
    replied
    Late yesterday afternoon I sent the following email to the email address for general information on the PRI web site:

I am hoping this email finds its way to Ron Hruska and the other faculty at the institute:

Recently a thread was begun on Soma Simple.com regarding the theory and practice promoted by the Postural Restoration Institute. We would appreciate some input from your staff regarding your practice and invite you to take advantage of this opportunity to speak directly to therapists from many countries.

Soma Simple's front page: http://www.somasimple.com/

Barrett Dorko's Forums, where this thread may be found: http://www.somasimple.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80

The thread itself: http://www.somasimple.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2444

We look forward to your joining us.

Barrett L. Dorko P.T.

Nothing in reply yet, but it's early. I'll let you know.

In the meantime, anybody else have something to say about this approach? It seems that my troubled student from a week ago hasn't yet arrived here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X